• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Scheme Enquiries: Network One

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Response from N1

""We believe that Quantum Ltd provided a robust remuneration structure and HMRC just needs the facts presented to them in order to settle your matter.

We believe that the HMRC do not have all the information to support the manner in which you were paid, and it is possibly why you have been notified by them in this way.""

Originally posted by dave112233
    I'm in the same position.

I contacted Network 1 today and they said they will get back to me. I asked if anyone else was in the same position and they said no. Worrying.

I also worked for them for the following 2 tax years, I assume I will be investigated for this period also. Does anyone have any idea when we can expect to hear about more recent tax years?

Good luck everyone

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Real Gone Kid View Post
      ""We believe that Quantum Ltd provided a robust remuneration structure and HMRC just needs the facts presented to them in order to settle your matter.
      I see your people are quite the optimists!
      Anyway, I see you are new around here...HMRC do read these boards every day.Just so you know.
      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

I suppose they need to show a certain amount of optimism otherwise they wouldn't have a business.

Whether HMRC choose to read the statement or not is neither here nor there really. They are going to have to prove the case one way, and the contractors are left to prove it the other. The Government will win everytime as these are the times we live in. But me choosing to put N1's response here is basically advertising what we are up against. We've been left with nowhere else to go other than forums like this. Call me naive, but I think information is better shared at this point.

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
        I see your people are quite the optimists!
        Anyway, I see you are new around here...HMRC do read these boards every day.Just so you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Real Gone Kid View Post
          Call me naive, but I think information is better shared at this point.
          There are other, private places to share (like Big Group). Just giving you a pre-emptive heads up as people have on occasion posted things that were later used against them by HMRC.
          Re N1, their statement may have flown 1 year ago, but in these times, when schemes are folding one after the other, it elicits a cringe at best.
          Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Follow up on this thread

Hi,

I'm in the same situation and would like to know where I can follow this discussion as there are no new post since last week.

Thank you.

Comment

You need to join Big Group (look at the stickies at the top of this forum for how to join).

I have no connection to BG btw, I'm just a moderator for this forum.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

update

Hi All

I see there is no update in the thread for a couple of weeks so wanted to find out if you had a response from Network One that was sufficient?

I have just received my letter from the HMRC and think they are lacking all the relevant info needed.

Cheers
                J

Comment

HI folks, posting in here as a fellow recipient of "the letter" re Network One and hoping to keep abreast of what people find out and receive back.

Sent off my appeal along with docs provided, so obviously nervous about the outcome but fingers shouldn't need to be crossed hopefully.

Comment

Fellow BB members, HMRC are prowling BB like CUK as they are public, hence why many don't post or when they do, don't go into details of strategies. You need to get onto a private Network One member group(if there is one) or join BG where there are fellow ex-Network One people.
                    http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

HMRC investigation

There is a group forming of over 100 ex employees from network one planning a class action against HMRC. We are currently awaiting our verdicts from HMRC following our appeals against their recent demands. From reading the thread above it all sounds very familiar. Let me know if you want to be part of this action and I can get you added. [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                      X