• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

darwin pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

darwin pay

Got my APN and contacted Darwin again to see what assistance was available but they put me on to Contractor Help desk. They advised that they do not deal with enquiries regarding Darwin as Darwin basically cancelled their contract. They advised to go back to Darwin. Darwin then gave me the following email address [email protected] and it went straight back to Contractor Help desk. This time the Contractor Help desk did advise that the product offered at the time was compliant and there is nothing further i can do. What a stitch up i hope that Darwin are monitoring this forum as anyone thinking of using them needs protecting from these kind of complanies.
    Seems ill just have to pay as cannot see another route out

There are firms around who can help.

A google search on APN should do the trick.

(and yes, my firm comes up on that but so do a lot of others).
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by shaunb View Post
      Got my APN and contacted Darwin again to see what assistance was available but they put me on to Contractor Help desk. They advised that they do not deal with enquiries regarding Darwin as Darwin basically cancelled their contract. They advised to go back to Darwin. Darwin then gave me the following email address [email protected] and it went straight back to Contractor Help desk. This time the Contractor Help desk did advise that the product offered at the time was compliant and there is nothing further i can do. What a stitch up i hope that Darwin are monitoring this forum as anyone thinking of using them needs protecting from these kind of complanies.
      Seems ill just have to pay as cannot see another route out
      This has happened across the board with most scheme providers, there are very few that are taking any sort of responsibility. We are all in the same boat here and have had time to adjust to this reality, it is a shock at first.

If you have an APN do yourself a favour and seek some professional advice. In some instances there are grounds to have the APN withdrawn, especially in cases where there are inaccuracies. (and there are cases of this)

If you are struggling to pay within the 90 days get in touch with HMRC and let them know, they can arrange time to pay.

Paying the APN does not resolve the overall situation, it is merely an advance payment of what HMRC claim you owe them. Once again you should seek professional advice on your position and decide the best course of action. This will be expensive if you try to tackle this alone, so one of the groups that have been formed is probably the way forward.
      Last edited by chubacabra; 23 September 2015, 10:52.

Comment

General opinion

Originally posted by chubacabra View Post
        This has happened across the board with most scheme providers, there are very few that are taking any sort of responsibility. We are all in the same boat here and have had time to adjust to this reality, it is a shock at first.

If you have an APN do yourself a favour and seek some professional advice. In some instances there are grounds to have the APN withdrawn, especially in cases where there are inaccuracies. (and there are cases of this)

If you are struggling to pay within the 90 days get in touch with HMRC and let them know, they can arrange time to pay.

Paying the APN does not resolve the overall situation, it is merely an advance payment of what HMRC claim you owe them. Once again you should seek professional advice on your position and decide the best course of action. This will be expensive if you try to tackle this alone, so one of the groups that have been formed is probably the way forward.
        Is the general opinion just to pay it or not?

Comment

Failure to pay risks a penalty, collection action, potential County Court action.

As the poster above says, arrange to pay in one lump sum or instalments.

Possible to defer if you want.

I've not heard of any JR group on this scheme but it's possible there is one.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

You have 90 days to either pay it, or arrange time to pay. It's an enforceable debt so there is no option other than pay or appeal against its validity.

Failure to pay, as webberg says above is going to add penalties to the amount they're asking for and leave you liable to debt collection etc

Comment

Originally posted by chubacabra View Post
              You have 90 days to either pay it, or arrange time to pay. It's an enforceable debt so there is no option other than pay or appeal against its validity.

Failure to pay, as webberg says above is going to add penalties to the amount they're asking for and leave you liable to debt collection etc

Does anyone have any experience of arranging to pay with the HMRC for this apparent debt?

I too was with Darwin for 2010/11 and have an APN which arrived this week for over £30k, having previously appealed the full amount. Typically, HMRC never allow a repayment plan over 12 months, but for debts of this level I would need a great deal longer. I'm loathed to call them and acknowledge the debt without some insight into the type of payment terms being experienced by others?

As an aside, I too contacted Darwin et al and of course they show no support as they liquidated and re-formed.
              Many thanks!

Comment

Groups to join for DarwinPay

Shaunb

Darwin was an offshoot of Sanzar.
                You need to join the Sanzar private group and Darwin groups where you will get further info about Darwin. If you message Old Kent Road, you can get access to these private forums who are taking action. Also, join Big Group.

Regarding your APN, no way around it. You may be able to delay it but will eventually have to pay it.

Comment

Big Group

Originally posted by Jes1 View Post
                  Shaunb

Darwin was an offshoot of Sanzar.
                  You need to join the Sanzar private group and Darwin groups where you will get further info about Darwin. If you message Old Kent Road, you can get access to these private forums who are taking action. Also, join Big Group.

Regarding your APN, no way around it. You may be able to delay it but will eventually have to pay it.
                  i had a very good chat with Rhys from WTT who advised me to join Big Group so awaiting for info to join and i will be joining them which will delay or reduce the APN but will give me enough time to get the funds together. This really is day light robbery.

Comment

i had a very good chat with Rhys from WTT who advised me to join Big Group so awaiting for info to join and i will be joining them which will delay or reduce the APN but will give me enough time to get the funds together. This really is day light robbery.
                    The more the merrier shaunb - Better to stand united than alone...

Comment

Working...
                    X