• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stollmeister View Post
    Thanks brillopad,
    I was with IQ contracts until only recently. I haven't contacted them but from looking through the forums contacting them seems pretty pointless as they offer no help.

I guess I just need to wait until hmrc send me a demand.

Practically, once I receive such a demand which I am expecting will big group wtt be able to deal with hmrc on my behalf (for a fee of course) and stall them?
    AFAIK BG give you the letters to send to HMRC.

Do you have a CTD? If not, well worth getting one.

Comment

Lets be very clear.

Big Group helps contractors find a settlement with HMRC on a group basis.

It provides support, analysis, insight, suggestions, templates for certain letters, news on dealings with trusts, thoughts on HMRC policy, a platform for campaigning, and much more.

Some members find that the suggested response pattern for HMRC and the templates are sufficient for them to construct a response to HMRC as required.

Where members (or non members) wish to have a more personal service, then WTT will do that on an individual level. We have a lot of expertise and knowledge around the schemes and contacts, good and bad, with many of the entities who ran/run the schemes.

That said, we are one of any number of professional firms who offer services in this area.

You would be advised to work out what it is you want, how much of that you would be able to do yourself, with some support, and what is left. It may be that for low level enquiries from HMRC asking about facts, engaging a professional firm is not necessary. You may wish to consider that later in the process.

I would be more than happy to discuss this with you in detail, but be clear on what you want from the relationship.

The one thing we do (in our opinion) very well, is tell the truth. we are not interested in spinning the process out. Rather we would like a resolution as quickly as we could but today we heard news that will push that back at least 6 months. So, if things are not looking good, we will say so and recommend settlement. If they are looking better we will say so, explain the consequences and the costs and the risks.

We are not connected with any arrangement or promoter and have no bias.

Like I said, many firms operate in this space so there is a choice.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

The decision today in Murray Group is, at first take, a very important and useful step for us.

It affirms that the core strategy we have been building for the last 3 years is correct.

There is a long way to go in applying that strategy and decision to all instances, but it is comforting to know that common sense has prevailed.

We await with interest HMRC reaction (aside from the gloating) and whether they will now see that a fair settlement is not only possible but in the national interest.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
          The decision today in Murray Group is, at first take, a very important and useful step for us.

It affirms that the core strategy we have been building for the last 3 years is correct.

There is a long way to go in applying that strategy and decision to all instances, but it is comforting to know that common sense has prevailed.

We await with interest HMRC reaction (aside from the gloating) and whether they will now see that a fair settlement is not only possible but in the national interest.

Hi Webber,
          How does the Murray case help with this situation as from what I can see the supreme court have ruled against them?

Comment

Hi Webber,
            How does the Murray case help with this situation as from what I can see the supreme court have ruled against them?
            They have ruled the loans are not loans. So paying of tax rests with the employer.

HMRC would be very wise to negotiate and get something. Or they will end up with nothing.

Maybe webberg will settle for a gong....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              They have ruled the loans are not loans. So paying of tax rests with the employer.

HMRC would be very wise to negotiate and get something. Or they will end up with nothing.

Ahhh, I'm with you, incidentally I recieved another letter this morning from HMRC reviewing another tax year as well :-(

Comment

Ahhh, I'm with you, incidentally I recieved another letter this morning from HMRC reviewing another tax year as well :-(
                Are you a member of BG? Which provider were you with? Are they still around? Have they made any comment on the ruling yesterday?

Comment

Are you a member of BG? Which provider were you with? Are they still around? Have they made any comment on the ruling yesterday?

Yes just going through the motions of joining now. I got the first section 9a letter last week for 2014/2015 and now the letter for 2015/2016 this morning. I was with IQ contracts until earlier this year.

Comment

Right conclusion, wrong reason.

The payment to the employee is taxable income.

He/she subsequently makes a trust contribution and gets a loan.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Count me in! Signed up today.
                      Last edited by londonwww; 13 July 2017, 17:08.

Comment

Working...
                      X