• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

www.hmrc-accountability.com

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

www.hmrc-accountability.com

whats all this then?

http://www.hmrc-accountability.com/

anyone know who is behind this?

Although there is a link on the home page to the NTRT website, we had nothing to do with this.

We've no idea who's behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      Although there is a link on the home page to the NTRT website, we had nothing to do with this.

We've no idea who's behind it.
      Its now bookmarked on my favourites list whoever set it up.....

Comment

Originally posted by RoastedSlopes View Post
        Its now bookmarked on my favourites list whoever set it up.....
        I posted something on this earlier on a thread call "My enemy's enemy".

From the limited research I've done, one major supporter appears to be a firm who promise "innovative means to maximise your income and wealth". That's marketing speak for tax planning.

This firm appears to be geographically at least close to the remnants of a major tax planning outfit that HMRC pushed into administration some years ago. The major product of that firm has its day in Court next week.

There is nothing wrong firms/people doing tax planning and amongst consenting adults, you pay your money and take your chances. When it comes to organisations who want to influence Government though I think a little transparency does not go amiss.

I would stress that there is no proven connection here and it may be that the tax planning firm has been asked for advice and paid for it by the lobby group. There is nothing untoward in that.

On the other hand, if you don't know who is behind the lobby group and what their motives are, you should be cautious.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

so after 3 minutes I have a person's name and company. If I can do it, so can anyone else.

I suggest if it's your site and you want to remain semi-anon, you get a burner.

Comment

The Alliance for HMRC Accountability

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
              I've added a reciprocal link from the NTRT website now.
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
              X