• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flexible working rights for all - could they backfire?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    Human-beans did not evolve to spend the majority of their working lives staring at a computer screen or in a tedious meeting with no purpose.
    That's exactly how we did evolve.

If someone is going to outsource your job, they are going to do it regardless of whether you are in the office or not.
    Indeed. It's like saying "They can't fire me! I'm the only one that can unjam the photocopier". It may be true, but ultimately it's bad management that's keeping you there. I imagine there's a lot of people that wouldn't want to WFH just because it'll make it obvious how little they actually do.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      That's exactly how we did evolve.
      Yes you're right! But evolution hasn't stopped. So now it's time to evolve into a flexible-working-species that isn't restricted by a 9 to 5, 40 hours-a-week, got-to-be-at-your-desk-to-count mindset!

Comment

Working...
      X