• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is Luis Suarez being charged with assault?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    An injury which occurs in line with the sport and is something to be expected is one thing (like when I took a steel mace across the face when someone misjudged his swing). However, doing a sport does not mean you are immune to law.

If we were in a boxing match and I fractured your skull with a crowbar would you think I should be arrested?
    Yes, but a small bite to the shoulder is hardly the same is it.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
      He bit someone and caused damage. They have video evidence and witnesses.

The biting is nothing to do with football so it is not part of the game.

How come he has not being arrested for assault?
      Because no criminal complaint has been made
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
        Yes, but a small bite to the shoulder is hardly the same is it.
        So you agree that there is a point at which injuring someone outside of the rules is legally actionable in even the roughest sport?

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Because no criminal complaint has been made
        I thought they did not need a criminal complaint in cases where guilt was obvious as the police can prosecute it themselves, or am I mistaken (IANAL)?
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

The money these guys earn they have moral responsibilities to youngsters who worship them.

Ops. I forget. People of this forum only care about rights - not responsibilities.

Comment

Not condoning his behaviour by any means but its not a level playing field between different sports.

Look at the thuggish behaviour exhibited by rugby players. Eye gouging, biting, fist fights - yet it's generally swept under the carpet or punished quite lenienty.

As soon as a football player does something, everyone's over the player like a rash.

Comment

Originally posted by Auntie
              World governing body Fifa have imposed a record nine-match ban on Uruguay striker Luis Suarez for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.

The independent disciplinary committee imposed the suspension after finding the 27-year-old guilty of misconduct.

Suarez has also been banned from all football for four months.
              Linky

Comment

Suarez 9 match ban from Uruguay games and 4 month world wide ban form all formats of the game
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
                  Not condoning his behaviour by any means but its not a level playing field between different sports.

Look at the thuggish behaviour exhibited by rugby players. Eye gouging, biting, fist fights - yet it's generally swept under the carpet or punished quite lenienty.

As soon as a football player does something, everyone's over the player like a rash.
                  Eye gouging and biting are viewed very differently to fist fights in rugby; I think you'll find most players support very long bans for gouging and biting but understand that in a physical game, the odd fist might be thrown if someone loses his temper. Unfortunately the IRB has let people off too easily at times and there is no condoning the weak mindedness of some officials.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Suarez 9 match ban from Uruguay games and 4 month world wide ban form all formats of the game
                    Weak. It's the third time FFS. Should be a career ending ban, and I'd add that I think it's only fair if the match were to be replayed, considering that he shouldn't have been allowed to stay on the field. Italy were denied their opportunity by barbaric behaviour.

On the TV pictures the referee refused to even look at the Italian player's shoulder; that seems to me to be seriously irresponsible. Does the referee have no duty of care to the players?

Ban the cannibal, suspend and replace the ref and replay the match.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You can hardly blame him. Who can resist an Italian Sub?

What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X