• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The scandal of fiddled global warming data

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    Do us a favour and share the peer reviewed research study on this one.
    try this
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      try this
      Did you mean to link to a blog, or is it also an abstract of a scholarly article? Which journal was it published in (the reference would be ideal if you have it)?
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

I haven't posted in favour of a methodology. I'm simply asking about your post.
        or look at this one.
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

or look at this one.
          You've linked to the same blog again! So, again, if you have the journal reference, that would be fab.
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

You've linked to the same blog again! So, again, if you have the journal reference, that would be fab.
            ah, you need to go back to the OP and read the link to Booker

'When I first began examining the global-warming scare, I found nothing more puzzling than the way officially approved scientists kept on being shown to have finagled their data'

thats the reason why your reference is so elusive
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

ah, you need to go back to the OP and read the link to Booker

'When I first began examining the global-warming scare, I found nothing more puzzling than the way officially approved scientists kept on being shown to have finagled their data'

thats the reason why your reference is so elusive
              So have you got any peer reviewed scholarly articles to back up what you're posting?

George Frederic Watts

Comment

So have you got any peer reviewed scholarly articles to back up what you're posting?
                If thats good enough for Booker, its good enough for me

a fine fellow he is
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

If thats good enough for Booker, its good enough for me

a fine fellow he is
                  Yes, he seems so. To clarify, when you say 'good enough', do you mean that Booker conducted the peer review?

Biography[edit]
                  Booker was educated at the Dragon School in Oxford, Shrewsbury School, and Corpus Christi College, Cambridge, where he read history. His parents founded the girls' school Knighton House.
                  He was married to the novelist Emma Tennant between 1963 and 1968, and to Christine Verity. In 1979, he married Valerie Patrick, with whom he has two sons, Nick and Alex; they live in Somerset.
                  Christopher Booker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Yes, he seems so. To clarify, when you say 'good enough', do you mean that Booker conducted the peer review?

Christopher Booker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                    yes. he has done as many as, possibly more than, you have
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

These are calculated values, a critic would say fabricated, a fan would say whatever pj says next (i cant imagine)
                      Well, let me ask you the question. Some areas do indeed suffer from sparse data coverage, it s a fact of life, notably in the Arctic. So what do you do about the 'missing' data cells, when calculating your global average?

One is the approach EO travesties. Imagine two stations in the same position, clearly they show the same trend. Now move them apart and measure how the trend (not the absolute values, note) start to diverge. The stats show that the correlation drops to 50% at a distance of 1200km, and this is the radius that NASA use when infilling. They also do an alternative plot with a radius of 250km.

What is the alternative? If you leave the cell 'null' then this is effectively inserting the global average into the unknown cells, which is what the Hadley Centre do. Each choice is defensible, but if the sparsely-covered areas are warming faster than the average, such as is predicted to happen in the Arctic, then we would expect NASA GISTEMP to show a slighter higher trend in recent years, which is exactly what we do see. I'm not sure that rocketing is the right word.

Incidentally, Cowtan and Way addressed this recently Coverage bias in the HadCRUT4 temperature series and its impact on recent temperature trends - Cowtan - 2014 - Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society - Wiley Online Library

You show me the peer reviewed support for their methodology
                      Hansen and Lebedeff 1987 http://pubs.giss.nasa.gov/docs/1987/...Lebedeff_1.pdf

The latest updates to the methodology are here http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/updates_v3/ and you can download, complile and run their source code for the analysis if you really want ....

'Steve Goddard' is a joke.
                      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                      X