• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Black Wednesday at the Telegraph

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I think we would rather believe Booker and Delingpole than a zealot like you
    ...and let us not forget that, in between just makin' stuff up, Delingpole saw fit to publish the name and home address of a man who had committed the crime of erm, writing to his council enquiring about their environmantal policy. Before the Telegraph took the only possible step of pulling the article, Delingpole's bootboys had published the man's telephone number and email address, a photo of his house, his age and occupation and begun their cyberstalking and bullying ...

James Delingpole leads Telegraph into vicious climate over email | George Monbiot | Environment | theguardian.com

Who's the real zealot here?
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
      ...and let us not forget that, in between just makin' stuff up, Delingpole saw fit to publish the name and home address of a man who had committed the crime of erm, writing to his council enquiring about their environmantal policy. Before the Telegraph took the only possible step of pulling the article, Delingpole's bootboys had published the man's telephone number and email address, a photo of his house, his age and occupation and begun their cyberstalking and bullying ...

James Delingpole leads Telegraph into vicious climate over email | George Monbiot | Environment | theguardian.com

Who's the real zealot here?
      You are
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Reality, never forget, has a liberal bias.
        Ho Ho , says a green self hater. Is it true that you greenies hate humanity and yourselves so much, that you even have to fake your own orgasms when you are having a tug ?
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Thanks for the psychoanalysis. I can assure you that I am every bit as greedy and as keen on my consumer goods, toys and creature comforts as any other contractor, however I am also interested in our environment because, well, its where I live.

It wasn't an original thought, btw

Let me google that for you

I know this is CUK General, but got anything to offer above the level of a schoolboy taunt?
          My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Monbiot vs Delingpole

Climate change is essentially a war between left and right. It is one man's right to control others against another mans right to be free from control. The science is irrelevant as it just contributes to the arguments on both sides according to how it is interpreted. The traditional battleground of tax and spend vs unbridled capitalism has been undermined by the frivolity, self interest and incompetence of those who spend the tax "for the good of all". Strip away the problem of climate change and the left have nothing with which to beat the right or make themselves feel and appear to be morally virtuous.

For me being a righty I will stick with James Delingpole rather than listen to a leftie with his own agenda.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

as Moonbat pointed out recently when he recanted. He has been wrong to assume, all these years, that his opponents are selfish and do not care about the environment

I have said it before, and I repeat it now, you are coming around slowly... very slowly
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Thanks for the psychoanalysis. I can assure you that I am every bit as greedy and as keen on my consumer goods, toys and creature comforts as any other contractor, however I am also interested in our environment because, well, its where I live.

It wasn't an original thought, btw

Let me google that for you

I know this is CUK General, but got anything to offer above the level of a schoolboy taunt?
                Spare us the "I care" bo**ocks

You are not interested in the environment as I proved to you when I confronted you with a solution. You were horrified, contemptuous and aggressive and went to every length you could to trash it.

Comment

Spare us the "I care" bo**ocks

You are not interested in the environment as I proved to you when I confronted you with a solution. You were horrified, contemptuous and aggressive and went to every length you could to trash it.
                  I cared about the environment before pj was born. I want clean rivers, clean air and the rest. But I see human progress as vital and inevitable. Massive problems today will be overcome with ease.
                  Malthusian extremists

thats your problem right there - Malthusian extremists.
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    I cared about the environment before pj was born. I want clean rivers, clean air and the rest. But I see human progress as vital and inevitable. Massive problems today will be overcome with ease.
                    Malthusian extremists

thats your problem right there - Malthusian extremists.
                    Man has an unwavering desire to progress to grow bigger to explore. It is ultimately inevitable that we will conquer space travel for all and that our own planet will one day be destroyed or it will be artificially sustained with technology. The only way for man to survive is through progress and the only way for progress to happen is through technology.

Comment

Man has an unwavering desire to progress to grow bigger to explore. It is ultimately inevitable that we will conquer space travel for all and that our own planet will one day be destroyed or it will be artificially sustained with technology. The only way for man to survive is through progress and the only way for progress to happen is through technology.
                      I told this anecdote on here before, but I'll tell it again.

I was down in Sandwich in Kent a few years ago. Went for a walk with the missus and stopped on the little bridge on the way into town. In a covered arch was a sign, with the toll prices for using the bridge.
                      It was put up in 1906
                      Cart 4 oxen 3d
                      cart 8 oxen 6d
                      single horse 1d

and so on. the point is, we have gone from that to smart phones in a hundred years...

yet the scaremongers see a problem, make a stab at how bad it will be in 400 years, then come to the conclusion that eveything must stop now, else in 400 years we will be doomed.

If pj had lived in Sandwich a hundred years ago he would have been for closing the toll bridge to prevent the great horse-sh1t mountain of 2014
                      (\__/)
                      (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                      X