• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM Gigs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I don't agree with this at all. If a client needs a project and the business case is sound it will start, regardless of year, particularly if part of the business case is cost savings. Clients not kicking of projects just because of the time of the year is just bollocks.
    I was just suggesting possible reasons... Time of year can affect the availability of contracts but doesn't have to. I did clarify later on.

Comment

Might be.
      But that implies that there might not be. I'm not having that.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        I was just suggesting possible reasons... Time of year can affect the availability of contracts but doesn't have to. I did clarify later on.
        CUK Rule 4 means that we have to take your first answer.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
          But that implies that there might not be. I'm not having that.
          Is there evidence of this? Just asking like.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Is there evidence of this? Just asking like.
            You know where.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

I haven't seen any PM contracts for quite a while now, most want you to start AM. Possibly if you get a WFH contract or working for a foreign client then they could be PM though...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I was more concerned with whether Gigs would get annoyed at receiving all of these PMs.
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                  And is it clear on the company website?
                  We are not selling to consumers - we are a B2B business, and I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong, but it is a requirement for VAT to be stated if you sell B2C AND B2B.

Comment

Originally posted by Hireonomy View Post
                    We are not selling to consumers - we are a B2B business, and I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong, but it is a requirement for VAT to be stated if you sell B2C AND B2B.
                    What does the legislation say?
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      What does the legislation say?
                      "Prices may be indicated exclusive of VAT at an outlet or through
                      advertisements from which all of your business is with business customers.
                      If you also conduct business at that outlet or through these advertisements
                      with consumers, however, VAT inclusive prices for all goods offered by traders
                      to consumers are required by the Price Marking Order"

Comment

Working...
                      X