• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We must show support for these Indian Women

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I don't get why parents would send their children to a mixed school and allow the segregation to happen. That seems bonkers to me. If it's mixed - everything should be mixed regardless of religion, culture or whatever.
    In my mixed school there was regular segregation. It was called P.E. I assume the same is true today.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      In my mixed school there was regular segregation. It was called P.E. I assume the same is true today.
      Is that the norm for most English schools?
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

It was the same in my school in Ireland as well. It was a mixed school but P.E was separated.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          It was the same in my school in Ireland as well. It was a mixed school but P.E was separated.
          It was the same in my school.

They tried mixed PE in form 4 and we played hockey together. After one guy got his cheekbone cracked and a girl got her eye damaged to the point where she needed surgery they changed their minds.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

was in all the schools I know of. It sort of makes sense,

society likes to separate sexes to avoid the difficulty associated with having naked little girls & boys in the same room.

Also despite all the femmi-Nazi propaganda Boys & girls have different abilities in sport. Hence segregated sporting events.

Now if we lived in a society of naturists where Girls were as strong & fast as boys and there were no paedophiles then mixed PE would be fine.

the point about segregation is whether the sexes are separated to provide safety and opportunity or discrimination.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

There was also the day that the girls were taken off to have their own class, and us boys were left with an embaressed looking teacher who refused to tell us what was going on.

Talking of P.E. was a bit facetious, but it is an example of a culture - i.e. boys play football and rugby, girls play netball and hockey, or at least so it was in the 80s.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                There was also the day that the girls were taken off to have their own class, and us boys were left with an embaressed looking teacher who refused to tell us what was going on.

Talking of P.E. was a bit facetious, but it is an example of a culture - i.e. boys play football and rugby, girls play netball and hockey, or at least so it was in the 80s.
                Indeed it was. at my school it was girls - volleyball or basketball and boys - gaelic football.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  I never realised that happened. I guess it just wasn't something I thought about. To be fair, I didn't really know anyone who went to a mixed school. There were none near us.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Our sex education practical was single sex.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Our sex education practical was single sex.
                      Was it 'hands on'?
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X