• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is watch buying addictive?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
    I spent $100 on mine about 12 years ago. Some time back a colleague (sporting an 800 quid <whatever - I've forgotten - TAG, was it?>) sneered at my timepiece and said "You can tell a lot about a man by his wristwatch".

If I could have been bothered I'd have challenged him to produce his findings on that particular study.
    He probably would have said the same thing if you'd had a Patek on your wrist

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
      I like a lot of the Breitlings, except they're generally too shiny, and a bit chunky. I've got fairly small wrists and I think they'd be a bit big.
      The only problem with some of the Brietlings is that they have a button on the side which acts as a tracking device for if you get lost in a rain forest or some such - I can only assume that they send in a hit SAS squad to rescue you from said predicament. Problem is you know, just know that you'd want to try that button out
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
        The only problem with some of the Brietlings is that they have a button on the side which acts as a tracking device for if you get lost in a rain forest or some such - I can only assume that they send in a hit SAS squad to rescue you from said predicament. Problem is you know, just know that you'd want to try that button out
        That would be handy for diving - wish my Seamaster had one.

Answer to OP - no.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
          I spent $100 on mine about 12 years ago. Some time back a colleague (sporting an 800 quid <whatever - I've forgotten - TAG, was it?>) sneered at my timepiece and said "You can tell a lot about a man by his wristwatch".If I could have been bothered I'd have challenged him to produce his findings on that particular study.
          Indeed you can the bigger and more ostentatious the watch the dumber and more annoying the person

probably!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            A picture of the Breitling model I have, I don't like the new ones so I think my addiction to shiny things is cured

I have the same one. But black. Very nice.

Comment

With any luck someone's picking me up one of these duty free next week. The bracelet is superb.

Comment

Working...
              X