• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't these EU meddlers ever give up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Isn't this jumping the gun a bit? Shouldn't they first put strict limits on just how much of a cock the standard recruitment agent is allowed to be?
    Assuming that he is bent according to EU regs.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      OK, but my post wasn't primarily a rant. The point was not the EU commissioners' advice per se, but that it came so soon after the elections, proving that they had ignored the lessons of these and it is business as usual.
      Perhaps they have learned from their mistakes and decided to

leave more decisions to EU countries, and stop their obsessive micromanaging
      so are simply offering some advice. I don't like the EU at all, but I find it hard to object in any way to advice.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
        Assuming that he is bent according to EU regs.
        They'll have to develop a new nine euro note to standardise bentness.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

They'll have to develop a new nine euro note to standardise bentness.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

I believe that the UK is actually a forerunner here, a leader in the EU: Mansion tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              I believe that the UK is actually a forerunner here, a leader in the EU: Mansion tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              Oh you pedantic little EU meddler!

Honestly, these people, tut tut

Comment

Oh you pedantic little EU meddler!

Honestly, these people, tut tut
                I'm just so furious, I'm going to scream and cry.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                  I'm just so furious, I'm going to scream and cry.
                  As long as you don't bust a bloodvessel.

Comment

As long as you don't bust a bloodvessel.
                    Well if I do, it will be all that nasty EU's fault for their meddling micromanaging advice.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

I don't like the EU at all, but I find it hard to object in any way to advice
                      I wouldn't either, if it was free. But of course it isn't. These reports don't write themselves, we pay for them.

EU Budget £115 bn
                      EU employees 33,000
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X