• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear - Tories spend their time dreaming up new taxes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaribbeanPirate
    Were you one of Tony Bliar's 20,000 'Bug Busters'?
    Two areas I wouldn't work...public sector and life critical systems. Fixed Y2k bugs at Js and C&W, reverting back to COBOL coding PITA, but at £1k a day, I wasn't going to complain too much. I can't wait for the Y3k bug
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
      CP where do you reside ?
      I am a resident of the Cayman Islands!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah!!!!!

I am stuck in London 'coz my mum is due to pop her clogs very soon. (Went to see her on Tueday after having a break since Thursday - quite a change). I've also got some other stuff that is going to keep me here for most of the rest of the year though.
      Blair, you cannot reach me now,
      No matter how you try,
      Goodbye cruel Labour,
      Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
        COBOL coding PITA, but at £1k a day, I wasn't going to complain too much.
        Bollox....
        We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

I am a resident of the Cayman Islands!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah!!!!!

I am stuck in London 'coz my mum is due to pop her clogs very soon. (Went to see her on Tueday after having a break since Thursday - quite a change). I've also got some other stuff that is going to keep me here for most of the rest of the year though.

"Hello, is that the HMRC investigations hotline? Have I got a hot tip for you!"

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB

LOL !

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB

Can't get me!!!

No clients in the UK, no expenses in the UK.
              No money flows through the UK.
              I am officially non-resident in the UK.

My 91 days are uneffected (confirmed by accountant) because of personal reasons.

Blair, you cannot reach me now,
              No matter how you try,
              Goodbye cruel Labour,
              Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

Can't get me!!!

No clients in the UK, no expenses in the UK.
                No money flows through the UK.
                I am officially non-resident in the UK.

My 91 days are uneffected (confirmed by accountant) because of personal reasons.

Under the provisions of IR666 you would be deemed to be Domiciled in the UK and therefore subject to taxation of all your estate and finally subject to an iron coffin with spikes in the inside.

Just joking , good luck Pete !
                Ps any tips on getting some work over there in the Cayman ? I can do most IT drudge and Piano Tuning

Comment

My 91 days are uneffected (confirmed by accountant) because of personal reasons
                  unaffected
                  We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
                    So long as I've got my Philipinno wife, my Porsche and my country cottage, I fail to see a problem.
                    Out of interest, which one was most expensive?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
                      Out of interest, which one was most expensive?

It's not on the original list, but don't tell the missus.
                      Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Working...
                      X