• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those Jermans they chipped our binny

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, considering I live in a flat, and there are the usual communal areas with exactly the same simple metal 'square key' that opens them up, I don't see how the council can accurately trace who put what where.

I would expect the local chavs to start dumping there loads there at night. Not a pleasant prospect.

Hopefully Scotland will vote to ignore it, and instead take money from England to pay for recycling.

Why not bowel implants to check out how much each person excretes? Excretion indicates consumption, which must be taxed. Toilets with built in weighing machines linked to an expensive and late computer system. That's the answer.

The Bottom Inspectors were ahead of their time....
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

As an aside - there's an interesting future market - 'RFID-free'.
      It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

The Japanese apparently already have most of the technology up and running.

http://www.japan-101.com/culture/high-tech_toilets.htm

Is that a biometric hand-scanner I see?

Comment

Why do I get charged for excess luggage (based on weight) when fat bastards are allowed to fly without excess charges.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
            fat bastards are allowed to fly without excess charges.

Because I'm worth it !
            It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by _V_
              Clearly that would make you a terrorist.
              I prefer to be called " a concerned citizen" I think true accountability requires a robust challenge - if idiotic policies are implemented ( and the real result of this is going to be an increase in fly tipping) then those who dream these ideas up should suffer.
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                Why do I get charged for excess luggage (based on weight) when fat bastards are allowed to fly without excess charges.

For the same reason my wife doesn't get a discount for being a skinny @rse. We, in effect, all pay an 'average weight' fare. Possible unfair if you are bulemic, but I'll sit smuggly in my seat (if I can squeeze in it) than you very much...
                Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Considering most councils don't even have the skill to collect the bins at regular, defined intervals, would it not have been better to spend the money on more facilities to deal with it?

Secondarily, most of our recycling stuff isn't recycled. It's contracted out to companies that bury it or chuck it into ships and exported to China or Africa where it's cheap to dump crap.
                  Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Our local council empty our bins on alternate weeks. We are pretty good with putting our recycling rubbish in the appropriate bin, but find we have to empty our 'black' bin every week by taking it down the local tip. It's not my fault my wife is lazy and we resort to takeaways every night tus generating huge amounts of waste....
                    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by CaribbeanPirate

All build by British engineers from ….. Arthur Anderson.
                      Errr...looks more like something built by Gerry Anderson.

Comment

Working...
                      X