• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ukip! Ukip! Ukip!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    I kinda like those areas. I do remember that those areas sprung up because of two things:
    : a immigrant moves in and the Whites move out, because there is an immigrant on their street. And it still happens around here.
    : immigrants feel better protected and helped by people of their own kind who harbour no suspicions. So hence move to areas with immigrants.

I kinda see the ghettos as a failure of multiculturalism and a failure of attitudes towards migrants. I wonder how the Spanish look upon the British 'ghettos' in spain?

It all comes around. These days I mainly worry that the kids are screwed over by politicians and will be penniless and in debt through their entire life. Migrants are the least of my worries.
    I am afraid your attitude is precisely the one that UKIP voters have a problem with. You have a patronising view of multiculturalism and therefore have no problem with it. It does not impinge on your world so what is the problem? You are rich and you do not have to live near these "ghettos".
    The difficulty is that the more we let people like you (the wealthy establishment) patronise multi culturalism the more we have to adapt our rules to accommodate the demands of these diverse cultures. As soon as we do this and stop expecting people to behave according to the rules for everyone then problems arise. Female circumcision is one, failure to learn English is another that in many cases is imposed on women to subjugate them.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      I am afraid your attitude is precisely the one that UKIP voters have a problem with. You have a patronising view of multiculturalism and therefore have no problem with it. It does not impinge on your world so what is the problem? You are rich and you do not have to live near these "ghettos".
      The difficulty is that the more we let people like you (the wealthy establishment) patronise multi culturalism the more we have to adapt our rules to accommodate the demands of these diverse cultures. As soon as we do this and stop expecting people to behave according to the rules for everyone then problems arise. Female circumcision is one, failure to learn English is another that in many cases is imposed on women to subjugate them.
      Do you actually read what anyone writes before going on your clichéd rants?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Do you actually read what anyone writes before going on your clichéd rants?
        Explain. Assuming there are some plankton left
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Explain. Assuming there are some plankton left
          Well there's you for a start.
          The OP said that ghettoes were a failure of multi-culti.
          You really are thick as a very thick thing.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Female circumcision is one, failure to learn English is another that in many cases is imposed on women to subjugate them.
            Are you for FGM or against?

On International Women's Day, UKIP's Vice Chairman (sic) Rachel Oxley made a statement denouncing the practice of female genital mutilation and calling for more effective action on the issue.

This is, in itself, highly laudable. Female genital mutilation is vicious and barbaric, and all nations and societies should work to combat it.

Indeed, in February 2006 the European Parliament adopted a resolution based on a report by Maria Carlshamre MEP calling on all member states to work together take a zero-tolerance approach on all forms of violence against women and to exchange information on how best to do this. It also instructed all EU countries to recognise rape within marriage as a criminal offence and not to accept cultural practices as an excuse for honour crimes or female genital mutilation. Indeed, Parliament called on all member states to ban female genital mutilation and to prosecute all perpetrators of it.

Needless to say, this report was resoundingly supported by all groups across the Parliament - the resolution was passed by 545 votes to 13. Apart from one. Not one single UKIP MEP supported the resolution and the seven UKIP MEPs who voted, voted against - Gerard Batten, Godfrey Bloom, Graham Clark, Nigel Farage, Roger Knapman, Mike Nattrass and Jeffery Titford.

I hope that Rachel Oxley will take her neanderthal colleagues to task. We are all used to UKIP's hypocritical and dishonest politics, but this is beneath contempt.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You clearly don't either as you can't tell the difference between a multicultural area and a monocultural ghetto. I live in the first BTW, along with lots of reasonably well to do SE asians, sri lankans, indians, assorted middle eastern folk and mixed Europeans. The main way it impinges on my world is via an excellent selection of shops and restaurants.

This is just yet another example of you attributing non-existent traits to non-existent people in order to provide ammunition for an ad-hominem attacks on anyone who disagrees with you.

I'd agree we shouldn't, in a democracy, be making changes to the rules that a majority disagree with, but to suggest we aren't expecting people to "behave according to the rules" is disingeneous especially where it comes to female circumcision where absolutely no-one from "the wealthy establishment"* (which you're an integral part of, actually, it comprises people with a broad spectrum of views many of which aren't dissimilar to yours) has done anything but condemn it. There is also no rule that says people coming to the UK must learn English, ergo no-one is breaking that particular non-existent rule.

*with the noticeable exception of UKIP, as Darmstadt has pointed out.
              Last edited by doodab; 27 May 2014, 16:43.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Are you for FGM or against?
                Against . Why?

Comment

FGM (which is vile by the way) has only started to be tackled in the last few years despite people knowing it was going on for years. Why is that we wonder?

We don't outlaw things like male circumcision near birth because of religious sensibilities. What normal legal system would allow you to take a knife to children except for medical purposes, ours of course. Not very common in CofE families is it?

Failing to learn English tends to be concentrated on the female side, this could be due to discrimination that seems to be endemic in certain cultures.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    You clearly don't either as you can't tell the difference between a multicultural area and a monocultural ghetto. I live in the first BTW, along with lots of reasonably well to do SE asians, sri lankans, indians, assorted middle eastern folk and mixed Europeans. The main way it impinges on my world is via an excellent selection of shops and restaurants.

This is just yet another example of you attributing non-existent traits to non-existent people in order to provide ammunition for an ad-hominem attacks on anyone who disagrees with you.

I'd agree we shouldn't, in a democracy, be making changes to the rules that a majority disagree with, but to suggest we aren't expecting people to "behave according to the rules" is disingeneous especially where it comes to female circumcision where absolutely no-one from "the wealthy establishment"* (which you're an integral part of, actually, it comprises people with a broad spectrum of views many of which aren't dissimilar to yours) has done anything but condemn it. There is also no rule that says people coming to the UK must learn English, ergo no-one is breaking that particular non-existent rule.

*with the noticeable exception of UKIP, as Darmstadt has pointed out.
                    Everyone is condemning FGM but no one is doing anything about it. I bet you and all the lefty mumsnet handwringers wear lots of badges and post their horror on facebook but none of you really care. Years of encouraging immigrants to live in their own "ghettos" and being too politically correct to dare criticise ethnic groups has encouraged many of these unpleasant customs to flourish. Most of these barbaric traits are driven by a desire to subjugate women.

The EU seem to think that by making a legal declaration they are solving the problem. They are not.

Comment

Against . Why?
                      So you didn't vote Ukip then?
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X