• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UKIP!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    UKIP voters are thick and believe anything they're told.
    There was a soundbite with Farage yesterday where he claimed half a million people had settled in the UK last year.
    "We just can't go on like this " he said, striding off before someone could call him on it.
    He'd be right if it wasn't just a huge whopper.
    maybe they weren't talking about immigration
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      The EU is cocooning the corporate and governmental rich but it is not creating wealth and jobs. It employs lots of well paid contractors to implement "compliance" and legal functions into their IT systems that ensure small and new businesses cannot enter the markets
      Surely if it "employs lots of well paid contractors" it is creating jobs?
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

The EU is cocooning the corporate and governmental rich but it is not creating wealth and jobs. It employs lots of well paid contractors to implement "compliance" and legal functions into their IT systems that ensure small and new businesses cannot enter the markets
        Yeah because that's what most IT contractors do

You must be a mediocre agent, all the good ones I know have some understanding of what their placements do.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Surely if it "employs lots of well paid contractors" it is creating jobs?
          Which is a fair point. Having said that the work IT contractors do is to save labour and I am not sure that creating work for IT contractors will have much impact on this:

Spain's Youth Unemployment Rate Hits 57.7% as Europe Faces a 'Lost Generation'
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

maybe they weren't talking about immigration
            Maybe. Or maybe he was just trying to get some votes from the mathematically challenged demographic he appeals to.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

UKIP voters are thick and believe anything they're told.
              There was a soundbite with Farage yesterday where he claimed half a million people had settled in the UK last year.
              "We just can't go on like this " he said, striding off before someone could call him on it.
              He'd be right if it wasn't just a huge whopper.
              Pity the Beeb & ONS agree with him

BBC News - Net migration into UK increases - Office for National Statistics

Latest figures from the Office for National Statistics show some 503,000 people came to live in the UK in the year ending June, compared with 517,000 people the previous year.
              I have highlighted the important bits for the 'Metropolitan Inept'.

The Net figure they always quote is the people coming in minus the ones going out.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yeah because that's what most IT contractors do .
                From what I hear you create employment everywhere you go

Comment

[B]Having said that the work IT contractors do is to save labour
                  Some do - the more low level ones.
                  The higher value contractors create more work, it's not a zero sum game.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Pity the Beeb & ONS agree with him

BBC News - Net migration into UK increases - Office for National Statistics

I have highlighted the important bits for the 'Metropolitan Inept'.

The Net figure they always quote is the people coming in minus the ones going out.
                    Well in any country you'll have people coming in and out.
                    I bet the figure is much the same for any large, open economy.
                    The NET figure shows you what is sustainable in terms of infrastructure and is what matters.
                    Clearly if the population was being added to by half a million a year that would be unsustainable - which is exactly what he implied was happening.

FFS I would have thought that was obvious but apparently I've made my usual mistake of over-estimating the intelligence of the cretins in the general public.
                    Last edited by sasguru; 23 May 2014, 15:28.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Which is a fair point. Having said that the work IT contractors do is to save labour and I am not sure that creating work for IT contractors will have much impact on this:

Spain's Youth Unemployment Rate Hits 57.7% as Europe Faces a 'Lost Generation'
                      It probably won't, but allowing those young people to move elsewhere in the EU to find work will.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X