• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

i quit IT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unfortunately, these days 105k whether you have it or not, is not so much

why on earth did you buy a _new_ car ?

how much do we need to retire at 40 MF ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      unfortunately, these days 105k whether you have it or not, is not so much

why on earth did you buy a _new_ car ?

how much do we need to retire at 40 MF ?

Milan.

Now lets think about this sentence for a moment. 105k is not that much whether you have it or not ? surely it will be a lot less if you dont have it ? and surely it's a lot to people that dont have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
        Now lets think about this sentence for a moment. 105k is not that much whether you have it or not ? surely it will be a lot less if you dont have it ? and surely it's a lot to people that dont have it.
        Not for nothing have you won the CUK Thick As A Plank (TAAP) award, eh?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Snigger !

Comment

Hey I am thick as a plank...thats why I work in IT !

If i'd have paid any attention at school (rather than going out shaggin) then I may have taken some o levels and a levels and got a real job with prospects !

Comment

hey Andyw.

i like you, actually i think u could be a good replacement for me when i leave in 3 weeks time.

you have defo got some good potential as Mr Sprite Jnr.

What u reckon lads?

Comment

Does anyone know the Dutch for

"I thought the last guy was bad!! But this numpty really takes the biscuit"

Comment

I lied. It wasnt a new car. It was 12 months old. I'm not stupid, buy a new car waddya think I am made of money!

I was think I might go from Poacher to Gamekeeper as I have enough cash to bank roll a few contractors. All I need now is someone with thick skin to coldcall for me. Syed or Milan ought to do the trick.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
                    its true.

i leave holland in 3 weeks.

i am not going back to trawling through jobserve.

i quit IT. i am no longer seeking IT monkey work.

i leave with 30k in the bank. a girl. a 2 week holiday in the sun. no debt or loans. a new business in my backpocket. a cash-in-hand job labouring for a for 2 months before my new business kicks off.

bye bye IT
                    i leave holland in 3 weeks. - thrown out and told never to return
                    i am not going back to trawling through jobserve. - they all know I cant do IT
                    i leave with 30k in the bank. - could have had 60k if I havent spunked it on prossies

a new business in my backpocket - rent boy
                    a cash-in-hand job labouring for a for 2 months - I mean for life....

Comment

Damn. What a stroke of luck for me and my spare cash

Dear Friend,

I write to solicit your assistance in the execution of a transaction
                      of
                      mutual benefit.

I work for a prime bank in London UK as an independent auditor,
                      during
                      my last auditing activities I realized an unclaimed Bank Draft of
                      8,528,000GBP (Eight Million Five Hundred and Twenty Eight Thousand
                      GBP).

Further investigation on my part led to the fact that this funds
                      actually belong to nobody as it was originally prepared in error as
                      an over
                      draft payment for a contract executed since 1990, since that time
                      this
                      funds has been unclaimed.

With my influence I am very confident that I can present you as the
                      suppose beneficiary to this funds, which would be transferred to you
                      for
                      the benefit of the two of us, be rest assured that all legal
                      documentations would be strictly complied with making this
                      transaction 100% safe
                      and risk free.

Should you be willing to assist me in this transaction, so I can
                      further inform you on how we intend to carry out this transaction,
                      the funds
                      shall be shared 70/30 between the two of us at the completion of this
                      transaction.

I await your urgent response,

Regards,
                      Donald Banks
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X