• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why does everyone tell new mums their baby is gorgeous?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    The other thing I hate is "he's got your <feature>". No it bloody doesn't, unless you have a very strong genetic feature/disfigurement in which case mentioning it might not be polite
    Have to agree, they all look the same to me. I've a friend who updates us with pictures of her newborn on Facebook, and I end up "liking" the odd picture just to be friendly. In truth I think they're quite boring until they start talking!
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

The other thing I hate is "he's got your <feature>". No it bloody doesn't, unless you have a very strong genetic feature/disfigurement in which case mentioning it might not be polite
      This is done to reassure the Dad that he is actually the father

Also all babies look like Winston Churchill to me - but they're still cute
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

You hate it? Life is hard.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

BBC News - Hertfordshire placenta smoothies firm ban over 'health risk'

Smoothie anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            A woman gets on a bus with her baby. The bus driver says: 'Ugh, that's the ugliest baby I've ever seen!' The woman walks to the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming. She says to a man next to her: 'The driver just insulted me!' The man says: 'You go up there and tell him off. Go on, I'll hold your monkey for you.'
            You bleddy racist!

lol

Comment

All anyone has ever said about my sons is "Wow! How enormous is that penis".

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Just like his dad.
                The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

They shouldn't point it out. Penis-nose syndrome is a serious condition.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

My friend is a stunning barbie type, daughter looked like dad; jet black curly hair and wonky eyes. She had to keep a pink band on its head for the first 2 years as a 'it's a girl' flag, shame.

Comment

Did you then realise that it was the umbilical cord?
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X