• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal Meat?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But do we get a bombing or other atrocity by Christian extremists about every other week? What's the headline news about Kenya tonight? Oh dear, mustn't mention it, that would be Islamophobic.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 16 May 2014, 17:31.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      But do we get a bombing or other atrocity by Christian extremists almost every week? What's the headline news about Kenya tonight? Oh dear, mustn't mention it, that would be Islamophobic.
      Do you know about drones?
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Al-Shabab doing its thing - trying to keep Kenya from shutting them down. Al-Shabab is in its death throes - only a few more months left I suspect. Again, funded by Wahabi interests no doubt. Would stop in a second if the UK/USA put their foot down.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Do you know about drones?
          Again, one place, one conflict and the intended targets, although there are civilian casualties, are combatants.

If the US were sending drones into several separate countries and deliberately targeting civilians solely because of their religion it would be an apt comparison. They aren't.
          bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Al-Shabab doing its thing - trying to keep Kenya from shutting them down. Al-Shabab is in its death throes - only a few more months left I suspect. Again, funded by Wahabi interests no doubt. Would stop in a second if the UK/USA put their foot down.
            As said before, nice if they did. Unfortunately commercial interests stop us tackling any serious problem whether its SA extremism or Chinese counterfeiting.

Most Islamic extremism never makes the news, this Christian site "documents what the mainstream media often fails to report"

Muslim Persecution of Christians, January 2014

As for Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists, Ahmadis etc, commonplace attacks on them get even less attention. This attack was just two weeks ago. You have to go to foreign newspapers or religious sites to even be aware they happen.

Muslim mob attacks Hindu housholds, temple in Bangladesh over alleged blasphemy : Neighbours, News - India Today

However, just to be clear it is Islamism, not Muslims generally, that is the problem, more positive news here:

Christians and Muslims in Nigeria are uniting in peace efforts in the face of relentless attacks by Islamist militant group Boko Haram.
            A "Friends Day Service" was held at a church in Tudun Nupawa, Kaduna in Northern Nigeria, one of the areas being targeted by militants.
            Nigeria: Christians and Muslims join hands in defiance of Boko Haram attacks | Christian News on Christian Today
            bloggoth

Comment

Pah! I could probably find a site which documents just as many attacks on Muslims.

Tit for tat stuff is pointless. If that's your angle, well its sad.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                Pah! I could probably find a site which documents just as many attacks on Muslims.

Tit for tat stuff is pointless. If that's your angle, well its sad.
                More Christian atrocities. Bosnian Muslims complain of increasing attacks | Muslim World | Worldbulletin News
                The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

More extremist attacks on Muslims.

India elections: death toll hits 43 after attacks on Muslims in Assam | World news | theguardian.com

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Christian extremist militias in action in the Central African Republic.

Gunmen ambush Muslim convoy in Central African Republic, two killed

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Sikh extremists kill four Muslims.

Communal clashes between Sikhs and Muslims in Hyderabad, 4 killed in police firing | TwoCircles.net

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Working...
                      X