• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England World Cup Squad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Obviously not the case.... Otherwise he would have ruled himself out.

Hodgson is actually the worst manager I can think of for England. Get ready for Stoke City under Pulis.
    Hmm thought he had anyway....

Anyway Hodgson may be bad - but I seem to recall that he never really wanted t' job in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Hmm thought he had anyway....

Anyway Hodgson may be bad - but I seem to recall that he never really wanted t' job in the first place.
      He did retire from Internationals, and then changed his mind.

Of course he wanted the job. After what happened at Liverpool, he was never going to get a chance at another "big club", so England was the only place to go.

Carrick's not been up to scratch this season. he's a good player but there's been too may others in much better form this season.

I don't think the group is as tough as people are making out (although I'm sure we'll make it even harder for ourselves). We should be Costa Rica. Uruguay have a couple of top class attackers, but are pretty average everywhere else (they only just scraped through their own qualification campaign), and Italy will be just as affected by the heat and altitude as us.

I wouldn't say we'll walk it, but if our players are on form, and we get a bit of luck, we've got more a a chance than most people are saying.
      If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        Hmmmm, well I think it's time I review my accountancy arrangements if you can afford that sort of trip off my fees!!!
        I wouldn't say I can afford it! It's a friends idea of a stag do believe it or not!

Comment

BBC Sport - World Cup 2014: Michael Carrick to miss out on England squad

I can't stand that prick Hodgson. Worst manager ever, it so should be Harry in his place - go and leave out the best retainer of the ball in English football go on! Shows you the type of Fulhamesc football we are going to be playing.

Well done the FA.
          Carrick can't tackle.

The position he plays, at international level you have to be able to defend in front of the back four. That's always been what's held him back for England, under all managers.

And perhaps he hasn't been brilliant this year.

Comment

BBC Sport - World Cup 2014: Michael Carrick to miss out on England squad

I can't stand that prick Hodgson. Worst manager ever, it so should be Harry in his place - go and leave out the best retainer of the ball in English football go on! Shows you the type of Fulhamesc football we are going to be playing.

Well done the FA.
            I agree, shocking. I thought he might've learned something after watching Gerrard and Parker constantly lose the ball and then chase shadows for 90 mins at the last Euro's

Comment

Originally posted by Martin at NixonWilliams View Post
              I wouldn't say I can afford it! It's a friends idea of a stag do believe it or not!
              You dare put your fees up in the next 12 months then!

Comment

Whenever we've won the world cup before, we've always had one Blackpool player in the team, plus one from Fulham, and one from Leicester. And no more than two from Man Utd.

We should have gone back to this tried and tested formula.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin at NixonWilliams View Post
                  I agree, shocking. I thought he might've learned something after watching Gerrard and Parker constantly lose the ball and then chase shadows for 90 mins at the last Euro's
                  That was Parkers fault

Comment

The worrying thing is I think Carricks place might go to Cleverley

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      Carrick can't tackle.

The position he plays, at international level you have to be able to defend in front of the back four. That's always been what's held him back for England, under all managers.

And perhaps he hasn't been brilliant this year.
                      He still is best at keeping the ball and when England manage to go 1-0 up it would be a better idea to have somebody on the field who knows how to move and pass to stop the whole team sitting deep. It seems Hodgson is depending on the boot it up and defend mentality and he doesn't have Terry at his disposal to make that work either. Right prick he is.
                      Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 12 May 2014, 12:37.

Comment

Working...
                      X