• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have broken a habit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    Thanks but I'm not worried about the cash flow, but the risk of non payment with no remedy. I doubt I could transfer that risk to a factoring company, could I?
    That's kind of the point of a factoring co mate
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Contact Hitachi Capital Invoice Factoring for a Free Quote!

Comment

Also if not factoring, build in rewards for early payment and penalties for late payment.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          That's kind of the point of a factoring co mate
          Its not usually the case. Factoring companies will lend you money but reserve the right to claim it back if the end client doesn't pay..

From http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ml#post1717738

Originally posted by Safe Collections View Post
          Most factoring companies offer insurance as an added extra, it is generally not included in invoice factoring. Similarly many factoring companies do not offer any kind of collection or ledger management services as standard. Often If the factor doesn't get paid for an invoice they have already paid out on, they simply reduce next months payment by the same amount and give the "debt" back to you!

We can recommend a potential supplier if you PM us, but credit insurance is not a magic bullet. Generally they will only provide insurance on invoices to stable businesses with proven financial history.

If you have a potential contract from a one man band agency operating via a relatively new Ltd company, forget it. They are extremely unlikely to offer insurance in that instance.

The best way to ensure you don't get caught out is to thoroughly vet potential clients before agreeing any credit and to continue monitoring them throughout. If in any doubt do as Bolshie suggests, negotiate shorter payment terms and stick to them.
          Which just shows that once again people on here really don't know what they are talking about
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Oh boy it's like shooting fish in a barrel today.

If the factoring transfers the receivable "without recourse", the factor (purchaser of the receivable) must bear the loss if the account debtor does not pay the invoice amount.[2]
            HTH BIKIW

Comment

Linky

Recourse vs. Non-Recourse Factoring. Which is Better?

Comment

That's an american company you muppet..... No matter what you may think companies work differently in the UK compared to the USA....

And in the UK most factoring companies don't offer insurance or non-recourse (how american is that phrase) factoring against small companies....

Comment

Incredible

Ok here's a uk site

Non-recourse factoring explained :: What is factoring?

This is too easy.

Comment

And here's one of those mythical factoring houses I mentioned

Debt factoring without recourse | Touch Financial

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                      This one is turning into a bit of a marathon.

Client (a consultancy) has accepted changes so it's looking like a good contract now - in respect to original points raised.

But I also queried payment terms which are payment 10 days after Consultancy's client has paid consultancy(!) Which leaves MyCo stuck in case of non-payment or late payment. Who can MyCo sue? There us no question about end client's ability to pay but that doesn't mean they will pay. They appear to be unwilling to budge but I will continue to try to negotiate.

Has anyone else ever come across this?
                      Yep and I ran away from a consultancy for that exact reason. Especially when you put 2 and 2 together and realise that you may not get paid because another contractor screws up the relationship resulting in the agency not being paid.

I should point out that SimonMac did work happily for the same consultancy for months....

Comment

Working...
                      X