• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indians working through Ltds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I control my own finances without using a Ltd company. How is it I can use cash accounting and still work for clients in the UK and you guys can't?
    What part of "in many cases" did you struggle with? That's as imbecilic as claiming "my grandad smoked until he was 102 so obviously smoking isn't bad for you".
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I control my own finances without using a Ltd company. How is it I can use cash accounting and still work for clients in the UK and you guys can't?
      Because you're a crack whore.

Comment

I seem to have a touched a nerve or two. That was not my intention. The point I wanted to make is that for the economy at large one-man Ltd companies are an utter waste of time & energy as a means to an end, which for most is tax avoidance. Cash Accounting should be reintroduced to the UK as a means for an individual to work.
        Last edited by scooterscot; 6 May 2014, 19:09.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm sure I've heard British politicians claiming that 1 in 7 new Ltd Co's are set up by immigrants. And what a great thing this is !

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            But tax avoidance is NOT immoral, you complete and utter mupp!
            Our glorious leader told us what Jimmy Carr was doing was immoral.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              But tax avoidance is NOT immoral, you complete and utter mupp!
              Why not? And is it NEVER immoral if the law allows it, or are extreme cases over the line?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Why not? And is it NEVER immoral if the law allows it, or are extreme cases over the line?
                This is exactly the point I wanted to make but emotions frothed over to rampant Daily Mail before I knew it.

Two people, same skills same experience. One is PAYE the other raking it in via the Ltd. Most here will say Mr Ltd is using his or her savvy to make extra. I don't disagree. But where is the line drawn? Perhaps you've got a banker maybe using a Ltd company with a seven figured income 'oh but the bank employs many people paying NICS' says the PC brigade. Or perhaps someone like Jeremy Clarkson, many BBC figures use a Ltd company, for what reason other than to avoid tax?

It becomes immoral using a Ltd company that pays a net income far and beyond that for a living wage, imo.

Comment

Just a thought, but if a pimp knew they were breaching their visa terms by going limited could they be liable for immigration fines?
                  Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    But the point is a Tier 1 (HSMP) is closed now and has been for a while, leaving only Tier 2 as the only remaining Work Permit route per se, what the enterprising Bob does now is somehow find a contract and then contacts certain 'umbrellas' who has COS that allows them to sponsor Tier 2 visas. Remember T2 is tied to the sponsor.

So the 'umbrella' takes on the contract and sponsors the Bob in turn. Totally illegal but the UKVI haven't cottoned to this one yet.

There's a whole industry springing up out of this as with the T1 Entrepreneur visa, I read the forums and 99% of the Bob's there couldn't start a jigsaw let alone a Business. Stuff like this...
                    This scam has been going on for a while now. When HSMP was closed by the Tories ( thank god!), they found out that there was a back door entry via the entrepreneur visa route. Essentially to get the visa you had to pledge to invest 200K in a company in 4 years. Plenty of scams on showing 200K in bank accounts etc and plenty of scams on how to show that it was invested in a company.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      This scam has been going on for a while now. When HSMP was closed by the Tories ( thank god!), they found out that there was a back door entry via the entrepreneur visa route. Essentially to get the visa you had to pledge to invest 200K in a company in 4 years. Plenty of scams on showing 200K in bank accounts etc and plenty of scams on how to show that it was invested in a company.
                      There's now a 50k route to those already in UK, i.e. students and those coming off a PSW visa, i.e. clueless noobs with no business nous whatsoever. To be fair, refusal rate is high and so UKVI is raking in about 900 quid a pop with their endless failed re-applications. UKVI is fairly on the ball here, they even refuse people for robbing Business plans off the internet and not changing the template!

HSMP was closed by the Coalition surely, albeit under it's newer name of Tier 1 General....

Comment

Working...
                      X