• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indians working through Ltds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I guess they're worth every penny and more.

I wonder what percentage of contractors here could successfully set up a Ltd company in India.
    But the point is a Tier 1 (HSMP) is closed now and has been for a while, leaving only Tier 2 as the only remaining Work Permit route per se, what the enterprising Bob does now is somehow find a contract and then contacts certain 'umbrellas' who has COS that allows them to sponsor Tier 2 visas. Remember T2 is tied to the sponsor.

So the 'umbrella' takes on the contract and sponsors the Bob in turn. Totally illegal but the UKVI haven't cottoned to this one yet.

There's a whole industry springing up out of this as with the T1 Entrepreneur visa, I read the forums and 99% of the Bob's there couldn't start a jigsaw let alone a Business. Stuff like this...

Hi Every body, i am newcomer on this forum, i am going to apply entrepreneure visa from psw in next few month. i have some problem , my 50K is out side country (pakistan) and the maintenance problem here not coving the 90 days, but in out of counry in my Father account but i have a joint account with my father my name is appear on statement, i just confirm is this ok like this one i can show the maintenance out of country with joint accound. and how much i show the maintenance in out of country, i really need help urgently, thanks i am waiting your response.

Comment

Sounds to me like you guys need to be charging less to beat the competition and care less about those bending the rules. After all the majority of contractors here use a Ltd company for immoral tax reasons.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

After all the majority of contractors here use a Ltd company for immoral tax reasons.
        You're such a tosser sometimes

In fact most of the time!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Are you claiming you use a Ltd company for a reason other than tax avoidance?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Sounds to me like you guys need to be charging less to beat the competition and care less about those bending the rules. After all the majority of contractors here use a Ltd company for immoral tax reasons.
            +1 on that.

Been saying it for years

Dirty tax dodgers

Comment

If you want to be in control of your own finances, there isn't a viable alternative in many cases - sadly as I'm sure many dislike having to go through the rigmarole.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I control my own finances without using a Ltd company. How is it I can use cash accounting and still work for clients in the UK and you guys can't?

Comment

Tax avoidance is one reason (among others) that I and many contractors use a Ltd company.

But tax avoidance is NOT immoral, you complete and utter mupp!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I control my own finances without using a Ltd company. How is it I can use cash accounting and still work for clients in the UK and you guys can't?
                    Is it because you live and work in Germany and it's wonderful?

Comment

After all the majority of contractors here use a Ltd company for immoral tax reasons.
                      When you soak the rich it's not their consumption spending that is reduced - it's their capital investment.
                      By all means soak the well-off, and see the poor sink into the mud penniless long before the rich start to think about buying fewer Porsches.

Comment

Working...
                      X