• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

driving in Chicago

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's clear the government needs to introduce some detailed legislation in this area.

I would suggest those on higher incomes let in those on lower incomes, and those on the lowest incomes get some sort of lane credits to make the system "fair"

HTH

Comment

This role usually seem to be fulfilled by truck drivers and occasionally coach drivers who will sit in the empty lane matching speed with the full one untill they merge in at the end.
      Good point - I had forgotten about this option, which is strange as it's what I often do as well. I take back what I said before: the prat should have done this instead.

Comment

What is it with road designers these days?

There seems to be an abundance of mutiple lanes all showing a straight on arrow leading up to a roundabout or set of lights, only to find that the two lanes after the junction/roundabout is only 50 metres long, causing all sorts of problems as the traffic merges. Then they repeat the same trick a dozen times on the same stretch of road.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          What is it with road designers these days?

There seems to be an abundance of mutiple lanes all showing a straight on arrow leading up to a roundabout or set of lights, only to find that the two lanes after the junction/roundabout is only 50 metres long, causing all sorts of problems as the traffic merges. Then they repeat the same trick a dozen times on the same stretch of road.

And normally just opposite an accident repair shop.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
          X