• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you spend your lottery win on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely a modest pad in the south of France.

A nice boat would do a good job of putting a hefty dent in the rest.

French Chateau for sale

One with a moat, but not in the south:

Last edited by Sysman; 27 April 2014, 10:31.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

You can get a slightly more modest but still pretty impressive chateau for about the same price as a 2 bed flat in London.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        £161million:

£20m split between family members
        Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You really don't like your family if you do that.

Seriously after listening to people's arguments and long standing disagreements between family members over wills I would give my family members nothing upfront (parents and grandparents excluded)
        Food for thought.

I wouldn't want my lot planning my murder to get hold of the loot.

I've probably read and watched too many whodunnits but there would be some planning to do.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          You can get a slightly more modest but still pretty impressive chateau for about the same price as a parking spot in London.
          FTFY and point taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            It would need a runway long enough for this bad boy ...

Citation Longitude

I would definitely do a Bruce Dickinson and get my full commercial ATP ticket. I would use it to fly to my Caribbean island and pick up my super Yacht for the winter.
            We're getting into Bond villain territory here. Enough room for a private army

And only 10 minutes by helicopter from Geneva.

Comment

Couldn't afford Scotland but a nice little sovereign Island away from everybody would be good.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
              X