• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: 10m want to quit 'over-taxed' UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GORDON BROWN is about to raise Britain’s tax burden to its highest-ever level, raking in nearly £1m a minute.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...portaltop.html

Comment

The article relates to March this year.

Comment

So let's all go abroad. But where?
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
          http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...330678,00.html

"ONE in five Britons — nearly 10m adults — is considering leaving the country amid growing disillusionment over the failure of political parties to deliver tax cuts, according to a new poll. ",

Last one, switch out the light.

Milan.
          I don't even remember what umbrella companies charge, £14-£25 a week + tax upto %40. If I get enough to buy a castle in scotland and a buggatti veyron, then I will stay. If I am going to die in a council flat living here, I will move to france and join foreign legion. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Angela_D
            GORDON BROWN is about to raise Britain’s tax burden to its highest-ever level, raking in nearly £1m a minute.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...portaltop.html
            You must be mistaken. From the same article:
            The Treasury dismissed the report, saying the average household is £950 per year better off in real terms than they were in 1997.

A spokesman said: "According to the independent Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, the net tax burden on the average working family in the UK has been halved since this Government came to power."

Comment

We've never had it so good.

Comment

me too !

Can't wait to get out....just saving hard for the departure !

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
                  me too !

Can't wait to get out....just saving hard for the departure !
                  Can I contribute anything?
                  I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
                    Can I contribute anything?
                    ok then seeing as you offered.

I'll have your savings, ISA's, house and income...

You can keep your wife.....

Comment

Working...
                    X