• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oh Dear: 10m want to quit 'over-taxed' UK"

Collapse

• Andyw
    replied
    Originally posted by Numptycorner
    Can I contribute anything?
    ok then seeing as you offered.

I'll have your savings, ISA's, house and income...

You can keep your wife.....

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    Originally posted by Andyw
    me too !

Can't wait to get out....just saving hard for the departure !
    Can I contribute anything?

Leave a comment:

• Andyw
    replied
    me too !

Can't wait to get out....just saving hard for the departure !

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    We've never had it so good.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Angela_D
    GORDON BROWN is about to raise Britain’s tax burden to its highest-ever level, raking in nearly £1m a minute.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...portaltop.html
    You must be mistaken. From the same article:
    The Treasury dismissed the report, saying the average household is £950 per year better off in real terms than they were in 1997.

A spokesman said: "According to the independent Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, the net tax burden on the average working family in the UK has been halved since this Government came to power."

Leave a comment:

• Helios
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...330678,00.html

"ONE in five Britons — nearly 10m adults — is considering leaving the country amid growing disillusionment over the failure of political parties to deliver tax cuts, according to a new poll. ",

Last one, switch out the light.

Milan.
    I don't even remember what umbrella companies charge, £14-£25 a week + tax upto %40. If I get enough to buy a castle in scotland and a buggatti veyron, then I will stay. If I am going to die in a council flat living here, I will move to france and join foreign legion. End of story.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    So let's all go abroad. But where?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    The article relates to March this year.

Leave a comment:

• Angela_D
    replied
    GORDON BROWN is about to raise Britain’s tax burden to its highest-ever level, raking in nearly £1m a minute.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...portaltop.html

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    If the work was offshored, there would be no need to travel, and the UK would cut down on emissions.

Sounds like a win-win situation.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    But then again nobody is forcing us to drive, wasnt there a thread about UK rising levels of obesity ... if we were to walk more then wouldnt that save our money and health?
    Well Alf, nobody is forcing us to drive, but if we want to work it is difficult not to.

It's 45 miles each way from Edlesborough to Reading, which is a 12 hour walk each way at a reasonable lick.

Alternatively, I could use the train, which is only 2.5 to 3 hours each way. That is feasible, but that I've got a life.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Aye W
    The Chinese say that if one walks for half an hour each day then that is all the execise body requires...
    Actually quite a few of them travel thousands of miles to the UK. No wonder they are so fit....

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Diestl
    Abolish all other taxation except income tax, set it at 25% across the board not low or high rate, corporation tax would be 10% and ir35 banished.
    Aye D

Apparently the Government think tank is moving towards the abolition of all forms of Taxation, as per the draft of IR666.

Now the bad news,with the abolition of Taxation comes the abolition of all Personal Property and money which will become the property of the State.

But another plus is that we shall all have imbedded microchips as part of the anti terror strategy.

We cant be too careful these days ....

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    The UK is doing it with stealth taxes. Is our fuel still the most expensive in Europe?
    Aye W

Maybe.

But then again nobody is forcing us to drive, wasnt there a thread about UK rising levels of obesity ... if we were to walk more then wouldnt that save our money and health?

The Chinese say that if one walks for half an hour each day then that is all the execise body requires...

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Depends if your car's a diesel or not. On the petrol front the UK is actually cheaper than some at the moment.

http://www.brandstofprijzen.be/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X