• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ukip posterboy suspended after claiming 'Miliband not British'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltyLevels View Post
    I think this is my view all along; it's great we're having this debate, it's great it's outing a lot of peoples views and policies.

I can't help but think Farange is being stitched up by the elite though, funny as it is, I still think it's happening!
    Of course it is! But Farage is hardly the plucky ex-coal miner.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Vote UKIP!
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I think this is my view all along; it's great we're having this debate, it's great it's outing a lot of peoples views and policies.

I can't help but think Farange is being stitched up by the elite though, funny as it is, I still think it's happening!
        No, I think Farage is being undermined by the people his party has, perhaps unwittingly, attracted.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          Vote UKIN!
          FTFY
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Vote UKIP!
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
              Technically he's British.
              Not form the other chaps perspective in that his parents aren't, and he doesn't have the genealogical make up of being British. That was his point, and in that, you can see the point.

If Miliband is technically British, then I am technically German.

That's the rub of it, he's british by the location of his birth, not his parents. I have a friend who was born here to italian parents. He considers himself to be Italian. Despite preferring tea to coffee and Porsche to ferrari...

You can argue both sides. I am English, but technically, presuming your point, German.

Comment

Not form the other chaps perspective in that his parents aren't, and he doesn't have the genealogical make up of being British. That was his point, and in that, you can see the point.

If Miliband is technically British, then I am technically German.

That's the rub of it, he's british by the location of his birth, not his parents. I have a friend who was born here to italian parents. He considers himself to be Italian. Despite preferring tea to coffee and Porsche to ferrari...

You can argue both sides. I am English, but technically, presuming your point, German.
                Are you a German citizen?

George Frederic Watts

Comment

That's a strawman and you know it.

His point is that he doesn't have the genealogical make up of being British, in that his parents aren't British, that his parents cultural, religious and national make up was not British. In that point of HIS, he is correct. He is English not by parent, but location, as much as I am German by the same thing. Does having citizenry make you one of them? A friend recently become a citizen of the US of A, does that make him american? My friends parents were immigrants from Italy who are English citizens, but that's a piece of paper, as they are in every facet of life Italians.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    His YouTube account is still going.

It seems he liked that woman's racist outburst on the train

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TfDKvw7FlQ
                    I started to watch that video, but I got an advert for George Ezra's song "Budapest".

Bloody immigrants, coming over here, taking our adverts, etc.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      I started to watch that video, but I got an advert for George Ezra Barnett's song "Budapest".

Bloody immigrants, coming over here, taking our adverts, etc.
                      FTFY - Bristolian, now Herfordshire.

Cracking song mind

Comment

Working...
                      X