• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ukip posterboy suspended after claiming 'Miliband not British'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    He;s not an immigrant, he's a British Rhodesian who was born in Africa and moved here.

Absolutely not an immigrant. Oh no.
    Was he born before 1979?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      He;s not an immigrant, he's a British Rhodesian who was born in Africa and moved here.

Absolutely not an immigrant. Oh no.
      Like Graeme Hick? Matt Prior? Nasser Hussain? Bob Woolmer? Colin Cowdrey? Derek Pringle? Dermot Reeve?

I was also born abroad to British parents. Does it make me, or the others immigrants? If yes, does it diminish an immigrants right to a view?

How long has he lived here? How does he feel about his nationality?

Sorry, but I disagree, even if he is an immigrant, he still has the right to a view; he may have been here most of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltyLevels View Post
        Like Graeme Hick? Matt Prior? Nasser Hussain? Bob Woolmer? Colin Cowdrey? Derek Pringle? Dermot Reeve?

I was also born abroad to British parents. Does it make me, or the others immigrants? If yes, does it diminish an immigrants right to a view?

Sorry, but I disagree, even if he is an immigrant, he still has the right to a view; he may have been here most of his life.
        But don't you think there's an irony when he's accusing Miliband of not being British?
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

In some people's views that makes you and me a foreigner; personally I don't really care as people with such simple views don't usually have much influence in my life. And no, it doesn't diminish a Zimbabwean born Briton's rights to express a view. It's just a shame his views are so abhorrent.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
            But don't you think there's an irony when he's accusing Miliband of not being British?
            Technically he isn't British by parents, only location, for his parents are Belgian and Polish. I was born in Germany to English parents, but it doesn't make me German and it's laughable to say I would be, so it's not really ironic, unless his parents aren't English.

He's loathesome this English Rhodesian. His age and stating he's Rhodesian marks him out as a BNP supporter to be honest, for he'd have to be over 35, 36 to be born English Rhodesian. The fact he isn't, and isn't calling himself Zimbabwean, marks him out as a bit of a right wing loon.

However, his point is pretty factual, if he's born to English parents abroad, as I was
            Last edited by SaltyLevels; 25 April 2014, 09:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              In some people's views that makes you and me a foreigner; personally I don't really care as people with such simple views don't usually have much influence in my life. And no, it doesn't diminish a Zimbabwean born Briton's rights to express a view. It's just a shame his views are so abhorrent.
              But here is the political bit.

UKIP is a civic nationalist party, whereas the BNP is a racial nationalist party. In civic nationalism, Miliband is clearly British and there is a discussion to be had about a white Zimbabwean's Britishness, which could come down either way depending on various factors. In racial nationalism, the white Zimbabwean (assuming British descent) is 100% British and Miliband can never be British.

It looms like this oaf is in the wrong party, and that UKIP still has some bad apples in the barrel. Alternatively, the divide between racial and civic nationalism may not be black and white.

Either way, it's great to have a debate about this in a vibrant democracy, which after all, is what UKIP is all about!
              The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Put so much better than I did, thanks.

Comment

Technically he isn't British by parents, only location, for his parents are Belgian and Polish. I was born in Germany to English parents, but it doesn't make me German and it's laughable to say I would be, so it's not really ironic, unless his parents aren't English.

He's loathesome this English Rhodesian. His age and stating he's Rhodesian marks him out as a BNP supporter to be honest, for he'd have to be over 35, 36 to be born English Rhodesian.

However, his point is pretty factual, if he's born to English parents abroad, as I was
                  Technically he's British.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                    But here is the political bit.

UKIP is a civic nationalist party, whereas the BNP is a racial nationalist party. In civic nationalism, Miliband is clearly British and there is a discussion to be had about a white Zimbabwean's Britishness, which could come down either way depending on various factors. In racial nationalism, the white Zimbabwean (assuming British descent) is 100% British and Miliband can never be British.

It looms like this oaf is in the wrong party, and that UKIP still has some bad apples in the barrel. Alternatively, the divide between racial and civic nationalism may not be black and white.

Either way, it's great to have a debate about this in a vibrant democracy, which after all, is what UKIP is all about!
                    I think this is my view all along; it's great we're having this debate, it's great it's outing a lot of peoples views and policies.

I can't help but think Farange is being stitched up by the elite though, funny as it is, I still think it's happening!

Comment

His YouTube account is still going.

It seems he liked that woman's racist outburst on the train

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TfDKvw7FlQ

Comment

Working...
                      X