• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Royal mail and the fall from something resembling a service.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Postman Pat, Postman Pat
    Postman Pat and his unionised cat,
    Early in the morning,
    They're still in bed a-snoring,
    And I'm wondering where's my post you ............. Pratt?
    Postman Pat, Postman Pat
    Postman Pat ran over his cat.
    Blood and guts were flying
    Postman Pat was crying
    Pat will never drink and drive again.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I would like to opt out of the entire UK postal system, I get everything I need sent paperless or courier delivered so what comes through the door is just a collection of complete tulipe.

Does everyone else not with BT broadband get a letter advertising its deals abut twice a month? Rips my fookin' knickers that one.
      Nope.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Parcelforce are just as bad. I've paid £30 to send something from SW London to Woking and they've managed to send it to the wrong depot so it's taken more than a week to arrive.

As it's supposed to be a 2 day service I will be expecting a refund.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          They have "if it fits through this hole it's a letter" templates for people too stupid to grasp simple concepts.
          Oh, ok cleverclogs. So when you've stuffed some multi page form into an A4 envelope, sealed it and realised it looks a bit bulky, you just have the "eye" to tell whether it's too thick to be classed as a letter do you?

Obviously some superhuman skill that I was born without.

The fact that they can provide you with a template with a slot in it to gauge the thickness of the letter just shows what a stupid f*****g idea it is not to mention the extra cost and inconvenience.
          Last edited by Freaki Li Cuatre; 24 April 2014, 08:08.

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
            A couple of considerations:

1) How do you know the call centre idiot was based in UK? Do you know there is such a thing as forward call redirection? It could be everywhere on the planet (and no, the EU has nothing do with RM being shit)

2) If it is of any consolation the now privatized Dutch postal service is a total joke.

1) I asked. She was Newcastle. "Oh Munich eh, muz be lovely" she said. I said, aye, it's braw.

2) I believe Deutsche Post is part privatised too. There's one big difference however I notice between the two services. DP is used for posting stuff, and nothing more. Whereas the RM is Posting, Tax payment / receipts, Giro collecting types, licence applications... the list goes on and on. Over the years the progressive governments have merged services they think the PO can supply / be jack of all services master of FA.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Anything sent by royal wail or parcel farce to cloggers seems to take an age, so if given the choice I'll opt for a courier service. TNT here are fecking useless. anything sent from Ireland seems to take no time at all, parcels or letters.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Hence the need to privatise, will take 10 years to work all the previous public sector infection out of the place though.
                I have only one complaint about RM, that is the piss-poor 750 notes worth of shares I got when I asked for 10 large....

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Anything sent by royal wail or parcel farce to cloggers seems to take an age, so if given the choice I'll opt for a courier service. TNT here are fecking useless. anything sent from Ireland seems to take no time at all, parcels or letters.
                  I thought the Dutch letter losing service was called PostNL these days. They've been so busy changing their name umpteen times in the last 10 years that they've forgotten what they were actually set up to do.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    2) I believe Deutsche Post is part privatised too. There's one big difference however I notice between the two services. DP is used for posting stuff, and nothing more. Whereas the RM is Posting, Tax payment / receipts, Giro collecting types, licence applications... the list goes on and on. Over the years the progressive governments have merged services they think the PO can supply / be jack of all services master of FA.
                    All of it is, its an AG and has been since the mid 90's but only recently has it been on the various exchanges. Its also the largest logistics and post firm in the world and has the largest bike fleet in Europe with around 18,000 posties on bikes...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      All of it is, its an AG and has been since the mid 90's but only recently has it been on the various exchanges. Its also the largest logistics and post firm in the world and has the largest bike fleet in Europe with around 18,000 posties on bikes...
                      See! Ze Germans are taking over ze vurld! It is a conspiracy!
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X