• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have promised to do whatever it takes to help Nigel Farage’s Ukip emerge the winner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Indeed, but it is everyone's inalienable right to blame Maggiefatcha for the mess that British managers and trade union leaders had made of British industry before she came to power, innit. It woz Maggiefatcha wot stuffed an oily rag in the gearbox of my dad's Rovah before it fell off the production line, it woz Maggiefatcha wot called a strike at Longbridge while the conveyors were still running and it woz Maggiefatcha wot left unpainted car bodies out in the rain for the whole weekend and then covered the rust with vinyl.
    I blame Maggie... she stole my milk.

Comment

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
      I blame Maggie... she stole my milk.
      I think she copied that idea from Harold Wilson.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        It's not going backwards, is it, since the hand wash is more expensive and far better for your paintwork than a machine? Plus you have your interior cleaned.
        It's just an additional service.

FFS, we do gather morons on this forum.
        Well presumably when machine car washes were brought in people thought that was progress. So surely it follows that if we are going back to hand washing that is backward progression?
        Yes, we're all morons here, and you're our head moron <bows head in honour>

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        20 years ago people were still saying about how machines and computers were taking away jobs from working men. You don't hear that much these days.

All these hand car washes have sprung up where there was nothing before, so clearly they're not taking anyone else's jobs. What's a sad indictment on society is that it's taken immigrants to see the oppurtunity; British workers could have been filling that gap in the market for decades.
        They are taking the jobs of those who manufactured and serviced the machines.
        I think it is not such a sad indictment to see the immigrants take the opportunity. Rather it is a sad indictment that we cannot make those machines as cheaply any more (because we don't have enough technically skilled workers), so that it becomes cheaper to use the immigrants to do it by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I think she copied that idea from Harold Wilson.
          Nope, was her. I remember her coming around to my primary school and taking it out of my hand followed by a backhander across the face for daring to take something from the state for free. I also remember tales from the local miners about how she'd sneak into the pits at night and steal all the coal so that the mines became uneconomical and had to be shut down. She then had a secret evening routine of whispering Emperor Mong style thoughts into Arthur Scargill's and Michael Foot's ears while they were asleep. People wonder why she only needed 4 hours of sleep a night... that's why, split between milk snatching, coal stealing and corrupting the thoughts of the great leaders of the left.

Eee, she were a right terror were that Thatcher woman.

Comment

Well the car washes I go to are reasonably good. You start off with 3 or 4 guys who work by hand getting the crap off and then it goes into a machine so thus you have the best of both worlds.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              Rather it is a sad indictment that we cannot make those machines as cheaply any more (because we don't have enough technically skilled workers), so that it becomes cheaper to use the immigrants to do it by hand.
              I think most of them are made in Deutschland, where workers aren't very cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
                Nope, was her. I remember her coming around to my primary school and taking it out of my hand followed by a backhander across the face for daring to take something from the state for free. I also remember tales from the local miners about how she'd sneak into the pits at night and steal all the coal so that the mines became uneconomical and had to be shut down. She then had a secret evening routine of whispering Emperor Mong style thoughts into Arthur Scargill's and Michael Foot's ears while they were asleep. People wonder why she only needed 4 hours of sleep a night... that's why, split between milk snatching, coal stealing and corrupting the thoughts of the great leaders of the left.

Eee, she were a right terror were that Thatcher woman.
                Education Act 1944 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1968 Harold Wilson’s Labour government withdrew free milk from secondary schools. In 1971 Margaret Thatcher (then Secretary of State for Education) withdrew free school milk from children over seven,...

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Well the car washes I go to are reasonably good. You start off with 3 or 4 guys who work by hand getting the crap off and then it goes into a machine so thus you have the best of both worlds.
                  That's a shame. Surely if you're going to have your car washed by hand it should be by a bevvy of bikini clad young ladies, pressing against the glass as they lean over, getting all wet and soapy...

Excuse me while I go for a lie down. And then to find a car wash.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                    That's a shame. Surely if you're going to have your car washed by hand it should be by a bevvy of bikini clad young ladies, pressing against the glass as they lean over, getting all wet and soapy...

Excuse me while I go for a lie down. And then to find a car wash.
                    At least the old man is demonstrating that the indigenous worker can give those immigrants a run for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post

They are taking the jobs of those who manufactured and serviced the machines.
                      I think it is not such a sad indictment to see the immigrants take the opportunity. Rather it is a sad indictment that we cannot make those machines as cheaply any more (because we don't have enough technically skilled workers), so that it becomes cheaper to use the immigrants to do it by hand.
                      So many assumptions, most of them wrong:

1) the machines were made in the UK
                      2) there are not enough technically skilled workers to make them and that's why immigrants do it by hand.

FFS

Look let's not make any bones about this - you're complete and utter plankton intellectually.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X