• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you a beardie?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
    4. Your santa.
    5. It movember.
    Your santa what?

Movember is for moustaches not beards.

Comment

Beards are gross only suitable if you,

1. You are very fat and trying to hide / mask that big old double chin you have grown yourself.
      2. You too old to look after yourself or not old but ill and cannot look after yourself.
      3. You losing your hair on your head so need to make up for it.
      4. Your santa.
      5. It movember.

When I see these young guys with big fat beards I just think nob, more so the very trendy dudes who are all smart, tidy haircut but then have this big stupied beards.
      I sense much anger in your life. Tell us about your childhood.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

1. You are very fat and trying to hide / mask that big old double chin you have grown yourself.
        2. You too old to look after yourself or not old but ill and cannot look after yourself.
        4. Your santa.
        5. It movember.

When I see these young guys with big fat beards I just think nob, more so the very trendy dudes who are all smart, tidy haircut but then have this big stupied beards.
        I'm firmly in camp 2. Not old but ill. The beard was to keep my face warm and avoid the pins and needles that were a side effect of my chemo, but now it's warmed up.and i'm on different chemo it needs to go.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

4. Your santa.
          5. It movember.

Nope, none of the above. In fact with regard to point 3 I have rather more hair on my head than most, as attendees of the Counting House drinks sessions will attest.

I have a beard because I like it, it suits me and and it's less hassle than having to shave every day. Although I do still have to shave occasionally as I keep neck and cheeks clean shaven rather than going for the full OU Geography Lecturer look.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Nope, none of the above. In fact with regard to point 3 I have rather more hair on my head than most, as attendees of the Counting House drinks sessions will attest.
            Attested
            latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

I have a lovely beard just now.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

I have a beard because I like it, it suits me and and it's less hassle than having to shave every day. Although I do still have to shave occasionally as I keep neck and cheeks clean shaven rather than going for the full OU Geography Lecturer look.
                I dunno - I reckon you could pass as a geography teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Oi!

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    I was thinking more history than geography.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      I was thinking more history than geography.
                      Mmmm, history teachers....

or not:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X