• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finding a lawyer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAB sorted me out a few times.

Always try to sort it out without lawyers.

If you have to use them make sure it really is a fight worth pursuing and not just a point of principle as once you're paying out things can become very bitter.

If it's divorce then Syria or Eastern Ukraine are safer bolt holes.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      If it is just a matter of asking for an opinion on a legal matter, there are loads of online legal advice sites, such as http://www.justanswer.com/uk-law/. You pay a bit (on a sliding scale depending on the detail required of the reply), and some impecunious barrister takes up the "case" and promptly posts a reply (after possibly an exchange of their questions and your replies to clarify the issue). I was impressed on the one occasion so far that I've used them.
      Basically the same premise as ExpertSexChange but actually useful?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Thanks for all of that. It's a family lawyer that I want, I suspect and I've found a couple that have cited similar cases to mine, though only one that's pretty much identical, so perhaps that's the first point of call.

£250 for an hour's chat, though. This is worse than Babestation!

Comment

Working...
        X