• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monday Links from the Barnyard vol. CCXXIV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    My favourtite Tom Lehrer songs: Poisoning Pigeons in the Park, The Wild West is where I wanna be, The old dope pedlar.
    It only takes a smidgin
    To poison a pigeon
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Ever so disappointed; no mention whatever of Monty in that Pythonic thing.
      From the Python tutorials

By the way, the language is named after the BBC show “Monty Python’s Flying Circus” and has nothing to do with reptiles. Making references to Monty Python skits in documentation is not only allowed, it is encouraged!
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
        Good to see Tom Lehrer is still going. The element song notably re-used in that episode of the Big bang Theory.
        I learned The Elements by heart as an aide memoire for A Level Chemistry

EDIT: here he is performing it live in Copenhagen

Last edited by NickFitz; 15 April 2014, 19:34.

Comment

Working...
        X