• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You want a yarn ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's 50%. Enough for an A* these days!

A tomato is a fruit, an apple isn't....

And not that you're interested, but to be precise a fruit, botanically, is formed from the swollen wall of the flower's ovum, like a tomato. An apple, though, is mostly the swollen base of the flower (the receptacle) surrounding the original ovum, which is what the core is.

Then again, a coconut is a seed (the world's biggest, actually), a peanut is a bean and a banana is a berry. And people ask me why I gave up biology for IT...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Coconut's! Bloody coconuts! Hate the bastards.

Bloody dangerous things. They grow miles in the air and when they fall out the palm trees they hit what ever is below causing a lot of damage because they weigh quite a bit. Don’t ever park a car underneath one.
      Blair, you cannot reach me now,
      No matter how you try,
      Goodbye cruel Labour,
      Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
        That's 50%. Enough for an A* these days!

A tomato is a fruit, an apple isn't....

And not that you're interested, but to be precise a fruit, botanically, is formed from the swollen wall of the flower's ovum, like a tomato. An apple, though, is mostly the swollen base of the flower (the receptacle) surrounding the original ovum, which is what the core is.

Then again, a coconut is a seed (the world's biggest, actually), a peanut is a bean and a banana is a berry. And people ask me why I gave up biology for IT...
        a penis is a bean

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Sorry, didn't quite catch your thread...
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
          X