• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heartbleed bug

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    Silly and embarrassing question! CUK doesn't use SSL at all. Loser!
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      Sorry, spring has come early and am struggling with my garden. Much more fun than computers!

Here's your answer for this box.

root@tyrant:~# openssl version
      OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009

High five!

Ah, my fear of having to do work was dev nulled when I realised we are on 10.04 LTS and therefore running old openssl that didn't have the bug. Hooray! Still got a couple of new'ish CentOS boxes that need a kick but only cacky sites on them so they will wait

When do you plan to upgrade the systems ? You cannot run your systems on old vulnerable software.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

therefore running old openssl that didn't have the bug.
        Phew! I've got OpenSSL 0.9.8 on my machine (for Ultrafunk Popcorn) and it's only 1.0 that has the bug.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Message to all the incompetent parasite forum idiots: if you don't see https:// in the url, it means the connection is not encrypted, ergo it makes no difference which version of ssl/tls is installed on the server. Just keep on living in your la-la-land with your inbreds and stop asking questions way above your level.
          <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Message to all the incompetent parasite forum idiots: if you don't see https:// in the url, it means the connection is not encrypted, ergo it makes no difference which version of ssl/tls is installed on the server. Just keep on living in your la-la-land with your inbreds and stop asking questions way above your level.
            ... unless it's running SSL in a frame ...

Comment

So anyone who doesn't understand the intricacies of openSSL is idiot now? I wonder of he can do a 3 phase simulation of a complex fluid network on an oil and gas platform or emulator test an aircraft control system or even write a PHP shopping cart No? What a moron!

Like a sasguru in rudeness and abuse without any of the sense.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                So anyone who doesn't understand the intricacies of openSSL is idiot now? I wonder of he can do a 3 phase simulation of a complex fluid network on an oil and gas platform or emulator test an aircraft control system or even write a PHP shopping cart No? What a moron!

Like a sasguru in rudeness and abuse without any of the sense.
                If he's writing PHP shopping carts, he ought to at least have a basic knowledge of what SSL is.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  If he's writing PHP shopping carts, he ought to at least have a basic knowledge of what SSL is.
                  I think you've misunderstood. PG is more likely to be found collecting the shopping carts from the car park at Tescos.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    ... unless it's running SSL in a frame ...
                    I can't see it:
                    Code:
                    <form action="login.php?do=login" method="post" onsubmit="md5hash(vb_login_password, vb_login_md5password, vb_login_md5password_utf, 0)">
                    Ssl is definitely disabled in Apache:
                    https://forums.contractoruk.com/
                    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

I can't see it:
                      Code:
                      <form action="login.php?do=login" method="post" onsubmit="md5hash(vb_login_password, vb_login_md5password, vb_login_md5password_utf, 0)">
                      Ssl is definitely disabled in Apache:
                      https://forums.contractoruk.com/
                      I didn't say CUK was - just pointing out that it's not always quite as bleedin' obvious as you make out.

Comment

Working...
                      X