• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jock gate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the way to do it!

Roman Abramovich 'books all 111 rooms of Israeli Beresheet Hotel for Passover' | Mail Online

Billionaire Roman Abramovich 'books all 111 rooms of luxury Israeli hotel for Passover holiday'
    Roman Abramovich will reportedly host family and friends at the hotel between Sunday and Thursday next week for the Jewish holiday
    Booking all 111 rooms supposedly cost $450,000
    The banquet will take place in a specially constructed tent in the desert
    There you go Alex go Russian.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
      He is the head of a government, do you think Cameron stays at Holiday Inn when he is abroad? Nothing to see here.
      I'm not a Salmond fan but I have to agree; it´s really only five star hotels that can provide the right level of security and have the facilities for holding meetings in rooms. I don't think there's really much to see here either.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        I'm not a Salmond fan but I have to agree; it´s really only five star hotels that can provide the right level of security and have the facilities for holding meetings in rooms. I don't think there's really much to see here either.
        he was watching the golf?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          he was watching the golf?
          Yep, that does make me wonder. But was there some official business going on there?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

If I'm in London these days I'll stay at the Sofitel if only for a one-nighter. The client will always pay.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              If The client will decide whether they want to pay because I provide value.
              FTFY

that is the point, our Political masters assume we will pay regardless. On the face of it he was there for the golf, he may of shaken a few hands. This is probably why he tried to hide it.

Comment

Wasn't he watching the golf as part of some scottish tourism promotion mission?

Seems like a reasonable hotel to me.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

If I'm in London these days I'll stay at the Sofitel if only for a one-nighter. The client will always pay.
                  Scooterscot - Member Reviews - TripAdvisor
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                    Nice find

Comment

I didn't realise the Sofitel rented rooms by the hour. I hope you've been giving NLadyUK her cut.

Comment

Working...
                      X