• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Farage wisdom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Why does the EU seem to be working very well for me, and Mr Darmstadt, and some others on the board, and not for the rest of you? Is it because of you yourselves?
    An interesting question, I'd like to see an answer too as I know why it works for me but not for many of those here, strange...

(I believe it works quite well for a certain Mr. Farage as well but we won't go there)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      An interesting question, I'd like to see an answer too as I know why it works for me but not for many of those here, strange...

(I believe it works quite well for a certain Mr. Farage as well but we won't go there)
      I know why it works well for me, too.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        So why should I be bound by an accession 62 years ago without having a vote?
        Most of the laws you live by were written before you were born too. So what?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Because it's a completely nebulous statement.

It's inviting the question "in what way is the EU working well for you and Mr Darmstadt" and I suspect most of us have too much work to do than deall with MTT in full flow gushing about everything the EU has done for him.

Comment

Why does the EU seem to be working very well for me, and Mr Darmstadt, and some others on the board ...
            That's exactly what most Germans used to say in the 1930s, as they gradually and unwittingly voted themselves out of a democracy ..
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post

It's inviting the question "in what way is the EU working well for you and Mr Darmstadt" and I suspect most of us have too much work to do than deall with MTT in full flow gushing about everything the EU has done for him.
              It's not a statement, it's a question, and you don't want to answer it. It's also directly related to vetran's statement that he feels the EU isn't working well for him.
              Last edited by Mich the Tester; 3 April 2014, 10:16.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                That's exactly what most Germans used to say in the 1930s, as they gradually and unwittingly voted themselves out of a democracy ..
                Heh what?

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post

The aqueduct? And sanitation?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Most of the laws you live by were written before you were born too. So what?
                    The queen is the head of state, not a law. In a democracy we expect the head of state to have a democratic mandate. This is the critique, which I share, of Barroso's position.

Why on earth would anyone object to a head of state having a democratic mandate, and for the time being, I'm sure the queen would win, so don't panic about that.

Comment

Yes, so you vote 'no' twice.
                      and if a majority voted 'yes', would they bother with another vote then?

I'd find it very hard to believe you think they conceivably would.

So in that event a large chunk of democracy would be gone for good.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X