• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glittins Gal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    If she hadn't been preceded by a stream of similarly off the wall personalities of various sexual persuasions, I think she'd be pretty convincing.

But I like her anyway, and think of her as "her".
    Aww shucks

I think you may need to clarify the first part of your post though MS.

@Mos - I'm sorry if I've come over like a mouthpiece for UKIP. I really don't have an issue with E Europeans coming here to work.

I'm just a bit of a social conservative that's all and I don't feel that the main parties give much of a voice to a simple, horse loving, country gal from Somerset

There. I've just broken one of my golden rules - don't reply to any thread calling my identity and/or sex into question.

Comment

GG does seem a sockie but I still believe Gentile was real, or the result of far too elaborate a hoax for me to be upset being duped.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Do we really GAS if she is real or not? This place is full of sockies and Walter Mitty's.

I don't tend to take much notice as she does seem to be a bit Gentile-like and she was a nutter. No offence love but you do go on a bit.

Then again, this is CUK, you aren't the only one.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
          @Mos - I'm sorry if I've come over like a mouthpiece for UKIP. I really don't have an issue with E Europeans coming here to work.
          Which sounds exactly like an UKiP mouthpiece. You do not perceive New Zealanders or Germans as coming here 'to work', why then put as down as 'guest arbeiters?'
          If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Do we really GAS if she is real or not? This place is full of sockies and Walter Mitty's.
            Yup, I just wished Polish Embassy hired a big team of sockies to counter these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

I don't tend to take much notice as she does seem to be a bit Gentile-like and she was a nutter. No offence love but you do go on a bit.

Then again, this is CUK, you aren't the only one.
              What do you know about it, Barry?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
                Which sounds exactly like an UKiP mouthpiece. You do not perceive New Zealanders or Germans as coming here 'to work', why then put as down as 'guest arbeiters?'
                I don't make any distinction really. It's just that New Zealanders have been doing it for years while people coming from Eastern Europe is a relatively recent phenomenon and the one that, rightly or wrongly, is grabbing the headlines.

I couldn't give a hoot where you are from. If I have concerns about immigration they are more to do with people from cultures that aren't compatible with our way of life and refuse to make any effort to integrate.

Really Mos, it sounds like you have a bit of a chip there. Where do you live? Is it a loony left council that has set up a community centre for Polish people where they can go and discover their inner victim aided by a bunch of self hating liberals?

My opposition to the EU stems more from my concerns over democracy. I don't wish to be part of a superstate controlled by some faceless politburo in Brussels.

Some argue that we're not headed towards a superstate. Fair enough, personally I think the evidence from all the lies that have been spun to get us where we are suggest otherwise.

More worryingly, some people have no problem with the idea of the superstate. I've always had a problem with this because they are normally left wing types who bang on about egalitarianism and human rights so how do they reconcile that with the erosion in democracy that the superstate would bring about? It's only recently that I've woken up to the fact that lefties are not in the slightest bit concerned with freedom or democracy. They're quite happy with the idea of an all controlling state as us proles can't be trusted to think or do anything for ourselves.

My philosophy, basically, is summed up by my signature. Perhaps I'd be better off in New Hampshire!

Edit: I thought I'd changed my sig to "live free or die". That's what I was referring to above.
                Last edited by Gittins Gal; 2 April 2014, 10:40.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  What do you know about it, Barry?

I know tulip loads about Truckin'
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Really Mos, it sounds like you have a bit of a chip there. Where do you live? Is it a loony left council that has set up a community centre for Polish people where they can go and discover their inner victim aided by a bunch of self hating liberals?
                    Fyi I live in Kensington. We can do very well on our own merit and we do not need any special support and protectorate, neither we ask for it. Just stop hindering us.

Comment

Aww shucks

I think you may need to clarify the first part of your post though MS.

I'm just a bit of a social conservative that's all and I don't feel that the main parties give much of a voice to a simple, horse loving, country gal from Somerset

There. I've just broken one of my golden rules - don't reply to any thread calling my identity and/or sex into question.
                      Is horse loving seen as socially conservative in Bridgwater these days?

Comment

Working...
                      X