• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Farage vs Clegg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    5. Mr Farage, you spent several years working in commodity brokerage and investment banking, moving large amounts of money around the world to maximise profit for yourself and your clients. I think the freedom to do that is a very good thing; now why would you not support the freedom of individuals to offer their labour around the world to maximise profit for themselves and their families?
    Explain why the free movement of labour across the world has any equivalence with the flow of money.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Could not be arsed to watch it.
      I didn't even know it was on. Even if I did know - I still would not have watched it.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Could not be arsed to watch it.
        I watched it twice. You would see sweating, out of his depth Farage.
        I cannot support Clegg after he broke his election promise on fees and I also do not support his enthusiastic and noncritical stance on EU. But Clegg beats Farage on both style and content. UKiP should upgrade.
        If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Explain why the free movement of labour across the world has any equivalence with the flow of money.
          Chevron, get out of Poland! Nobody wants you here!

Comment

Explain why it doesn't.

Labour basically means offering a service that adds value for somebody and thereby getting paid for it. Why is that different to the process of investment?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
              I am afraid that Clegg beat him on style and substance.
              Really? Really? Using isolated examples to make the general case is the lowest political trick in the book, just because Cleggers spoke with one person last week who told him "it would be bad for my business to leave Europe" doesn't mean that it would be bad for business to leave Europe.

Clegg was paper thin on substance.

Farage did come very unstuck on the £55m per day "membership fee" for being in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
                Chevron, get out of Poland! Nobody wants you here!
                Quite. They should keep buying their Oil and Gas from Russia.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Explain why it doesn't.

Labour basically means offering a service that adds value for somebody and thereby getting paid for it. Why is that different to the process of investment?
                  So why don't all IT contractors get paid the same? Why don't we have one supermarket in the world selling the same food to everyone?

Does it not occur to you that there are considerable practical differences between shovelling money around the world and moving labour around the world?

Fair enough if human capital and money had the same physical properties but they dont.

Comment

Explain why it doesn't.

It puts countries in former "Eastern European block" at disadvantage twice. First they get ripped off blind because of predatory capital and are completely asset stripped. I mean completely. Resources, natural reserves, everything. Then desperate people are getting freely exploited and abused, both domestically and on immigration.

I would rather say that it has nothing to do with Farage, who sucked at his job.

Comment

Quite. They should keep buying their Oil and Gas from Russia.
                      We have other sources of energy and the mix worked for us well. We had well developed heavy industry before 1991 when we got asset stripped by predatory capital, as per LSE instructions.

At least Russia do not steal our resources or destroy environment!
                      Last edited by mos; 27 March 2014, 13:51.

Comment

Working...
                      X