• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheap debt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    They want you to actually use the thing, not just carry it in your wallet as a status symbol and use a load of others.
    I use all the ones I have ATM. I do tend to clear balances off fully each month, though, so perhaps not their target audience? Particularly with the 0% purchase interest cards, unless you show a propensity to rack up a lot of debt, which you will then be stuck with afterwards to (hopefully, in their eyes) repay, with interest.

Comment

Never applied to extend my credit limit.
      Got a new card the other day 22K limit, what the hell would I need that for
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        Never applied to extend my credit limit.
        Got a new card the other day 22K limit, what the hell would I need that for
        Indeed. How much does a webcam cost?

Comment

I agree Dimmy. No credit means no economy. Am in Buenos Aires at the moment and there is no credit available and there is 30% inflation. More credit please.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Tis annoying at the moment. Lots of cheap deals around and I love to stooze, but I'm also looking to move and even though its cheap its counted as 4x the debt off the amount a bank will lend you on a mortgage, so I've been having to unwind all my credit card debt before I go to the bank and ask for some more money.
            Is that true? I know I had a problem a few years ago getting a car loan.

I added up all my credit card limits and it came to over £100K. Most of them I'd just transferred balances to, paid off, never used and forgot about.

So, credit card blast it was. Closed a load and lowered limits on a load.

Got the nationwide one now. Cracking deal. Only gave me £7K limit though. But weirdly when I first logged in it let me up it to £8K automatically.

Had to open nationwide flex account first. When I first logged in it let me set od limit to £2K too (no fees for first 12 months). Result.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Is this deal for transferring between credit cards? I presume it's not a cash one like the post from NWP2C awhile ago that you can use on offset mortgages? I know I can use the credit card and stick on there and not pay off to achieve more or less the same outcome but don't really need any big payments at the moment.

EDIT : Nice little tool to compare them here..

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cre...dit-cards#tool

It's a nice rate but only saving less that £200 over 2 years is hardly saving of the century.
              Last edited by northernladuk; 24 March 2014, 12:05.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X