• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Angel Investors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Troll are you a property developer ?

Milan.
    Inherited the family mansion in the country - trying to work out what to do with it... every little helps
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
      I put some cash into Funding Circle as an experiment. Does that count?
      guess so

we're talking pre-ipo or aquisition here

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        guess so

we're talking pre-ipo or aquisition here

Milan.

Actually it's just a way of loaning money to companies. So I don't think that qualifies me as an Angel.

I think I'd like to be one though .... maybe .... are you after some funding?

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          I had an account with Funding circle until one of the companies I had loaned to defaulted and wiped out all the interest I'd made on the other loans...

Might have a look at Crowdcube over the summer depending on how things go.
          From companycheck.co.uk

Looks like there's money to be made charging fees for introducing lenders to borrowers (pay to use the dragons den lift) ....

FUNDING CIRCLE LTD
          Age 4 years (Incorporation date 21/07/2009)
          Assets £6,797,508
          Liabilities £577,555
          Net Worth £6,555,453

CROWDCUBE LIMITED
          Age 4 years (Incorporation date 10/09/2009)
          Assets £215,841
          Liabilities £45,181
          Net Worth £232,708

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
            I put some cash into Funding Circle as an experiment. Does that count?
            I don't think it does.
            To be an angel investor means to be an investor not a lender. To gain an equity stake in the business that you own rather than just hold as collateral against a loan that you have made.

Comment

Working...
            X