• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The great property crash of the 2040s

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Mmm. Bacon.

I have been making a lot of cheese and ham toasties lately but I think I might make some bacon and egg sarnies tomorrow.
    You want some baps.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      You want some baps.
      Or muffins. Or crusty bloomers.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

"Buy to Let" means buying a property in order to let it. How it's financed is irrelevant.
        Nope.

It was just 'landlords' until the BTL product was launched.

The loans in those days were on commercial terms at lower LTVs. No landlords, not even those who used finance to buy, were referred to as BTL landlords.

FFS, this is only recent history.

Comment

Why? Their mortgages should be paid off by the time they retire and pop their clogs.
          Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          But the rising cost of fuel, food, maintenance of the house etc. may exceed their income.
          Going by my parents' experience, within 5 or so years of paying off the mortgage the rates plus water rates had jumped to 3-4 times what their mortgage repayments had ever been.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
          X