• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank Fraud

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barclays on-line

I've been using it for ages and it's not the best but not the worst either. If you login from the same PC, this means that your long customer no is stored and you don't have to type it in every time. Then it goes to a 5-digit numerical password and 2 letters from a chosen word. If anyone tries to save any login details on a work/internet cafe/other PC, then you've only got yourself to blame.

Comment

Ooo. Hang on. Might quickly check by Barclays account now!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Nah fine, still got £105k in it.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
          That being said it would be fairly easy to get them to save a list of NIC MAC adresses that you are allowed to access the system with.
          You could have a auth process to add a new MAC code with varying degrees of security, people not fussed can go through the Know Your Customer stuff online, those more paranoid can get a call from the bank to confirm the new MAC code.
          My - how straightforward...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ASB
            What worries me is that it has not been phished. I'll check out the text message thing.
            Have you dumped any old hard disk drives anywhere, could have been a data reclamation from an old hdd?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
              Is that all , nevermind.....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan

Good to hear that MF, btw is your password still Topsecret9 ?

Here is the template for your response

No...you must be thinking of somebody elses banking password, because my password is insert your banking password here

Comment

Working...
                X