• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 is dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey LG, I take it you're not a member then?
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Isn't this view based on what is happening in one office, does anyone think the IR are organised in the same way everywhere in the country? I doubt it!
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I don't think the IR are organised in any kind of way to be honest.

I bet this "Leak" leads to a large jump in investigations.

A clamp down on tax terrorists.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
          Oh yes, and **** off with the patronising little throw aways.

He-he-he... Etc...
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse
            hey LG, I take it you're not a member then?
            I was a member. I just missed the 50 quid membership fee. I joined because I felt IR35 was wrong. Even though I was working abroad at the time and IR35 was not going to touch me. I joined because I felt it was the right thing to do.

Since then I have felt that the PCG is more and more interested in its own existance than with the welbeing of its members or contractors in general.
            It is becoming less and less the voice of contractors and more and more the voice of the PCG.

Is that a problem? Does my being a member make my point any less relevant?
            It is going to be difficult to slag of NL or the BNP if I have to be a member to do so!
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
              I was a member. I just missed the 50 quid membership fee. I joined because I felt IR35 was wrong. Even though I was working abroad at the time and IR35 was not going to touch me. I joined because I felt it was the right thing to do.

Since then I have felt that the PCG is more and more interested in its own existance than with the welbeing of its members or contractors in general.
              It is becoming less and less the voice of contractors and more and more the voice of the PCG.

Is that a problem? Does my being a member make my point any less relevant?
              It is going to be difficult to slag of NL or the BNP if I have to be a member to do so!
              I'm going to stay a member of the PCG, but I'd like to see their fees come down. PCG Plus for £220 seems a bit steep if IR35 is going to fade away.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

What would happen to the PCG if IR35 went away?

Think about it.
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_
                  What would happen to the PCG if IR35 went away?

Think about it.
                  There is still other legislation about (S660 is still awaiting an appeal)

There is still work to be done to eduacate the agencies that (IR35 aside) we don't want to be viewed/treated as employees and are in fact in business on our own account through choice.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    I bet this "Leak" leads to a large jump in investigations.
                    You can be assured that someone at HMRC read that PCG thread before any of us did. If they could be @rsed of course.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                      You can be assured that someone at HMRC read that PCG thread before any of us did. If they could be @rsed of course.
                      They're probably reading this thread too.
                      Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                      X