• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 is dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
    What's your problem? Am I not allowed to voice an opinion?
    Sure you are. It's just that you do more than most to demonstrate what the majority of opinions equate to in the standard definition.

TSP

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
      Oh look, another self appointed self opinionated tosser.
      Why don't you toddle off back to your friends, there's a good chap.
      You wont like it here, full of fools and some real idiots.
      You wouldn't believe the quality of arsehole who comes a visiting too.
      Ha, ha, ha, ha! You're a real comedian aren't you? Classic stuff. At least we can all understand how the "lone" part came about. The thought of you armed with anything more dangerous than a sharp-edged piece of paper is terrifying enough. Hope there aren't any water towers round your way. Geez...

TSP

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

By the by, if you lot really are from the PCG, you ain't exactly making a wonderful impression... or inspiring others to join your organization.

Friendly lot, ain't cha?
        If this crowd are who I think they are (and a couple of the names are just a bit of a giveaway...) I wouldn't worry too much - they've already lost the plot in the PCG by trying to be clever and their own little website ain't too brilliant. Ignore them and they just might go away...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
          If this crowd are who I think they are (and a couple of the names are just a bit of a giveaway...) I wouldn't worry too much - they've already lost the plot in the PCG by trying to be clever and their own little website ain't too brilliant. Ignore them and they just might go away...
          You mean the "home of sarcastic wit and drivel"? That's not a tag-line I'd be boasting about, but whatever floats one's boat...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Incorrect.

Suicide was decriminalized in the 60s.

No more PC Plods at the bedsides of unsuccessful attempts at gassing oneself.

By the by, if you lot really are from the PCG, you ain't exactly making a wonderful impression... or inspiring others to join your organization.

Friendly lot, ain't cha?
            Ah, you're quite correct. Sorry, wishful thinking on my part.

We're as friendly as friendly can be IMHO. Was merely responding in kind.

CUK members are more than welcome to come and join the PCG and they will be greeted warmly in the bossom of our fine organisation. Sadly, I feel that the welcome given to PCG members hereabouts falls somewhat short of that. Pots, 'n' kettles 'n' things methinks.

TSP

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
              You mean the "home of sarcastic wit and drivel"? That's not a tag-line I'd be boasting about, but whatever floats one's boat...
              Well, it sure beats the home of whining drivel if you ask me.

TPS

Comment

Originally posted by TheScarletPimp
                Well, it sure beats the home of whining drivel if you ask me.

TPS
                Ello Pimp.
                So you are telling me that what goes on in the PCG is private and no concern of others outside?
                Fair enough then can I ask that the PCG and its members stop lobbying government and claiming to be the voice of contracting. They keep ******* it up.
                As you say yourself they only represent their members and what they do is private. So they represent less than 10% of contractors in the UK.
                They should admit that they are not a representative body and they should go away.

What I am arguing here is that this rumour is dangerous in more ways than one and it was bound to get out.
                The PCG as a responsible organisation should follow up the rumour and either prove it to be true or false and then go down whichever path is right to either lobbu for IR35 to be removed from the statute books or to inform all contractors that IR35 is still a threat.

The PCG and its members can not claim to be representative of all contractors and at the same time only bless some contractors with relevant information.

You PCGers want to take a good long look at yourselves and decide if you are in it for contractors or your own little club.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Ello Pimp.
                  So you are telling me that what goes on in the PCG is private and no concern of others outside?
                  Yes.

Fair enough then can I ask that the PCG and its members stop lobbying government and claiming to be the voice of contracting.
                  No.

They keep ******* it up.
                  If so, I can't wait to see how much we achieve when we stop ******* it up. You really are a plonker aren't you? What's your basis for saying the PCG has ***** anything up?

As you say yourself they only represent their members and what they do is private. So they represent less than 10% of contractors in the UK.
                  They should admit that they are not a representative body and they should go away.
                  If there's another organisation with a bigger membership perhaps you could point me in the general direction? Hint: your loony lobby of one doesn't quite hack it.

What I am arguing here is that this rumour is dangerous in more ways than one and it was bound to get out.
                  The PCG as a responsible organisation should follow up the rumour and either prove it to be true or false and then go down whichever path is right to either lobbu for IR35 to be removed from the statute books or to inform all contractors that IR35 is still a threat.
                  IR35 isn't a threat to anyone in the PCG.

Why don't you go off an prove the rumour to be true or false? Or does that involve getting off your fat arse and doing something positive when you can hide away in your bedsit posting bollocks on an internet forum?

The PCG and its members can not claim to be representative of all contractors and at the same time only bless some contractors with relevant information.
                  Oh yes we can.

You PCGers want to take a good long look at yourselves and decide if you are in it for contractors or your own little club.
                  You really are completely clueless aren't you? The members of our little club ARE contractors and we're in it for us. It's your problem if you can't associate yourself with proactive fellow contractors who are putting their money where their mouths are. You're the one that needs to take a long look in the mirror if you can find one that can take the strain.

Like it or not, the PCG DOES represent contractors. Get over it.

Your choices:

(1.) Join the PCG and change it from within if you don't like the way it's run.
                  (2.) STFU.

TSP

Comment

He he. Just back from the pub. So Mr. Pimp (by name and nature) - if you weren't such a sad sack with your head so deep up your arse, you'd wonder why you were posting bollocks on here like a man possessed, on a Friday evening.

Get a life you uptight git, will ya?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
                      Ignore them and they just might go away...
                      Wise words.
                      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X