• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Never do business with family!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mos View Post
    WHS. Work with the guy, after all he is the family.
    Don't do that. Kick him in the nuts.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Don't do that. Kick him in the nuts.
      It's certainly one for Bridgwater service station.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        SILs father. Done work for us before. Not the best but £50/day so I guess you get what you pay for.

Did some painting for us. Made a COMPLETE mess of it. Paint everywhere, patches missed, sides of door missed. He was in hell of a rush just seemed to want to take the money and run. Looks like a pissed up chimpanzee has done it.

Someone else I would have played **** and demanded a refunded but since hes sort of family I can't. Mind you I currently would like to slap the conning little twat because he knows what hes done.

Got pro in now (£85/day well good) but its a few £100 to sort - wish I'd done this in the first place.

Never again.
        Oddly enough everyone else seems to know this, just you finding out the hard way.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X