• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Silver linings & broken windows

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    Those people could have been spending government released funds making icecream. But instead there is terrible misery and the would be icecream makers have to clean up the mess instead of making icecream.

No silver linings there.
    Ce qu'on voit et ce qu'on ne voit pas.

Justement.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
      Those people could have been spending government released funds making icecream. But instead there is terrible misery and the would be icecream makers have to clean up the mess instead of making icecream.

No silver linings there.
      Are you retarded? Those people only have the money BECAUSE of the flooding.

Oh, it's SO. Question a little redundant.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Are you retarded? Those people only have the money BECAUSE of the flooding.

Oh, it's SO. Question a little redundant.
        No, they don't. They have money because the government paid them to clean up floods instead of paying them to make icecream.

Originally posted by expat
        Ce qu'on voit et ce qu'on ne voit pas.
        Read this.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          annoying as it is the claimants will hopefully end up with a rewired, re-plastered and re-carpeted house so I suppose that is a silver lining for them. ..
          But what if the same thing happens again before long? The phrase Damocles Sword comes to mind.

Also, I wonder what their home insurance quotes will look like at renewal time.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Also, I wonder what their home insurance quotes will look like at renewal time.
            They'll probably be fine. I'm sure I heard something recently about how people who suffer from flooding shouldn't be denied insurance, or charged extortionate premiums, and the government will make sure this is so.

Of course, that would mean everyone who has chosen to live somewhere that doesn't get flooded has to pay more, as a "flood subsidy", but nevermind - we wouldn't want people to feel any consequences for their choices.

Comment

Working...
            X