• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job of the day £70/day!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is just nuts but there are some companies out there who would think this is ok. To be fair, in this case, I bet the agency is charging the client £100.

I've had mates in the past say they know someone who is after an IT person for a few weeks. I've got in touch and £100/day offered and they think thats good. Honestly they do.

(My old man is the same mind but he is 80. Asked me the other day how much 'people like me' earn. Didn't really want to tell him so he asked, more than £300 (which he thinks is a lot) a week. Umm yes Dad just about. On this basis now he thinks I'm loaded.)
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Surely this must win "the worst job ever advertised in the history of CUK" award.

FFS they want a data warehousing expert with C# knowledge for under £10/hour! You can get more as a cleaner or painter!

Computer Futures are on my own personal blacklist after that advert.....

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        FFS they want a data warehousing expert with C# knowledge for under £10/hour! You can get more as a cleaner or painter!
        Only if you know how to paint/clean!
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Learnt how to paint after watching youtube for 10 minutes. I pay my polish painter £120 a day in cash. I think that Computer Futures should be reported to the council for slave labour.

Comment

Learnt how to paint after watching youtube for 10 minutes.
            That's BS. Painting is a skill.

I learned how to do data-warehousing by looking up STAR on wikipedia but that doesn't make me an expert.

Comment

Learnt how to paint after watching youtube for 10 minutes. I pay my polish painter £120 a day in cash. I think that Computer Futures should be reported to the council for slave labour.
              Just had some painting done by sister-in-laws father. £50/day. Hes not very good mind so you get what you pay for.

Comment

And try and get a reliable cleaner for £10/hour. Impossible. Most of them treat it as optional to turn up whether they need the money that week or not.

Comment

That's BS. Painting is a skill.

I learned how to do data-warehousing by looking up STAR on wikipedia but that doesn't make me an expert.
                  Only my painter himself thought my paint work was done by a professional

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Just had some painting done by sister-in-laws father. £50/day. Hes not very good mind so you get what you pay for.
                    Well this Polish painter actually works 2x as fast as any other painter I have used so we get more than our money's worth.

Comment

Only my painter himself thought my paint work was done by a professional
                      Either your painter is crap, you have a natural talent, or he was being polite.

Comment

Working...
                      X