• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Entertaining Days out in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Wallace collection isn't that well known. I like the zoo and museums myself, and walking down the side of the river. And the parks. Richmond park is nice.
    I've heard Richmond Park is one to visit, it's on the list. Thanks

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I would recommend afternoon...
    o2 looks like it could be an entertainer. Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
      Maybe go to Center Parcs later...
      I've heard it's a bit wet and muddy this time of year, but thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RickRow View Post
        I've heard it's a bit wet and muddy this time of year, but thanks.
        I dunno if you read the thread or that was said quite innocently...
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

stuff you wouldn't find on the usual tourist route

Would appreciate some suggestions for things to do in and around London. Restaurants, attractions, walks, anything..

I've got a few days off with the Mrs. We've done the usual touristy things so I'm interested in stuff you wouldn't find on the usual tourist route.

Cheers
          Download the yplan app, it will give you a few ideas from

Gin Experience for 2
          Burlesque clubs
          Cabaret (Cellar Door for example)

Comment

You could take her up the Heron Tower or the Shard?
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              You could take her up the Heron Tower or the Shard?
              Are women actually impressed by gigantic penis like structures? Should I do some work on my shed?
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Are women actually impressed by gigantic penis like structures? Should I do some work on my shed?
                We weren't allowed up the Heron Tower after the Christmas do, coz suity had the wrong shoes. Nothing to do with the pack of nappies he was clutching apparently.

Comment

Would appreciate some suggestions for things to do in and around London. Restaurants, attractions, walks, anything..

I've got a few days off with the Mrs. We've done the usual touristy things so I'm interested in stuff you wouldn't find on the usual tourist route.

Cheers
                  Don't forget to buy her a souvenir of the trip....

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    We weren't allowed up the Heron Tower after the Christmas do, coz suity had the wrong shoes. Nothing to do with the pack of nappies he was clutching apparently.
                    I think it might have been because you were with suity, never heard of them refusing people because of shoes, plenty of meeja types go there.

We often didn't get in because it was full.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Nope, but the view, good food and cocktails kinda help too!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X